143-145

Chapter 143 Ask Me Anything 

"Are we still waiting for someone? Is he ourclassmate or your friend? Does he havecompany? Would he ride with us?" Shanshan Liuasked. 

"Don't worry, he has his own car and he won't gowith us. It's just that he just got off the plane andI want to meet him." I said. 

"How long will we have to wait?" Shanshan askedimpatiently. 

Xin Wen hurriedly took Shanshan's hands andsaid: "Shanshan, take it easy. We're here anyway.It won't take long." Then Xin said to meapologetically: "Tom, it's okay. We'll wait for himwith you."

"Thank you." I said to Xin with a smile.As soon as I said that, several people came out ofthe passage. The one in the front is a thin oldman with graying temples. He is Anzhi Tong.

He was accompanied by a woman in her thirtieswho looks very capable. She is the one I saw inChiangmai and I think she is Anzhi's secretary. Hewas followed by two tall, sharp-eyed men whoare supposed to be his bodyguards he broughtfrom home. 

"Tom." Anzhi waved to me with a smile, saying. Iwalked towards Anzhi and said: "Mr. Tong,welcome to Chiangmai."

"Ha, ha, don't regard me as an outsider." Anzhisaid.

Anzhi took me by the hand and patted myshoulder affectionately.The two bodyguards stood consciously next tome and Anzhi respectively, glancing around atthe crowd. 

"Mr. Tong, Mingqiang Du is on his way fromChiang Rai. They said they want to have dinnerwith you in the evening and Sucha has arrangedthe hotel." I said.

"OK, let's meet tonight. By the way, are they yourclassmates?" Anzhi pointed to Xin and othersstanding beside and said. 

"Yes, they are all my college classmates." I said.

 "Nice to meet you!" Anzhi waved his hand at myclassmates and said.

Xin and Zhe Xue responded to Anzhi's greetingand even Shanshan responded politely.Obviously, Shanshan could see that Anzhi is aman of dignity. 

After the simple greeting, Anzhi said: "Tom, itseems that I come at a bad time. I'm interruptingyour reunion with your classmates. How aboutpostponing the meeting for a day or two? Whydon't you accompany your classmates first?" 

I shook my head with a wry smile, saying, "Mr.Tong, Mingqiang and Sucha are anxious to seeyou, and I can't waste your time."

Anzhi smiled helplessly. Then he turned to myclassmates and said: "I hate to say that, but I haveto keep Tom with me for some time tonight,because we have an important business to talkabout. After we finish our business, I'll let Tomleave as early as possible and have drinks withyou to make amends for you. Is that OK?" 

"Yes, it's all right. Sir, you are very kind." Zhe said."OK, then it's a deal!" Anzhi said."

Anzhi smiled at Zhe and patted me on theshoulder again, saying, "I will send you theaddress of my hotel. You can meet me at thehotel and then we go to meet Mingqiang and hisfriends together." 

"OK." I said. 

"I'll take my leave. Goodbye, everybody." Anzhisaid.

After waving goodbye to my classmates, Anzhiwalked to the two people in black not far away,accompanied by his secretary and bodyguards.The two people in black led them get into aMercedes.

After the Mercedes and the bodyguards' SUV left,I called out to a long-haired young man in aslacks and shirt not far away, "Alun, come andhelp with the luggage."