112-114

Chapter 112 Distracted 

They still didn't want interest. I didn't care. Aftercalculating, I asked them for their bank accounts. 

It was just a matter of time before they gave metheir accounts with a smile on their faces. 

I transferred the money to them on the spotusing mobile banking. With the principal plusinterest, I paid back 30,000 to my second auntand 12,000 to my fourth aunt.

 After seeing the amount of money that Itransferred, they looked a little embarrassed. Thesecond uncle hastily took cash from his pocketagain, wanting to return the interest to me.

 At that moment, father who sat and smokednearby finally spoke, he said a little stiffly:"Interest is necessary. Don't refund. I am sureeven if we give you the money back, our familyalso remembers the love of yours."

Mom also said something implicitly. She thoughtif they took the interest, our family would bemore relaxed.

Eventually, the second and fourth aunts did notrefund the interest and they were tooembarrassed to stay on. After giving me ahypocritical compliment, they got up and left. 

After they left, I asked my parents about theirhealth and the family's situation. 

I was an only child in my family. Because of thefamily planning and the poverty, my father didn'tdare to have another child after he knew I was aboy.

 After a few years, like everyone else, my familygrew jasmine flowers. We were richer than beforebut they did not have another kid.

 Fortunately, they got married early. Now theywere only fifties years old. They were still healthy

In order to pay off debts in the past few years, inaddition to planting flowers, they had reclaimedmore than 20 acres of land to grow sugar cane. Itwas really too tiring.

 That kind of sugar cane was cheap. A ton of thatwas only less than five hundred.

 I transferred the remaining 8,000 out of the50,000 that Wendy had borrowed to my father'saccount. I told him to stop planting sugar cane,peanuts, sweet potatoes, and something like that.I told them to rent the land to someone else. 

My father shook his head. He said the debt waspaid off, but he could not forget the feeling ofbeing in debt. He said he had to earn somemoney when he was in health in case there wassomething in future, they could solve theproblem with money at least.

I'm a little helpless. I had persuaded them for along time. I always explained that I could make atleast 100,000 a year. If I worked harder, I wouldearn more money. 

After a long time of persuasion, my mom gave in.My mom spoke up for me and then my fathernodded his head and agreed.

 I put my head down and then I cooked dinner. 

Just as I put the rice in the pot, my father cameinto the kitchen to tell me to boil water. He tookhimself out with a knife and soon there were achicken crowing in the yard.

 Mom also picked vegetables and bitter melonfrom her own vegetable patch. Soon after thethree of us set up a table in the hall with a plateof white cut chicken, a plate of bitter gourdscrambled eggs and a plate of vegetables

My father poured a bowl of his homemade snakewine, and also poured half a bowl for me.

 We ate for a long time, and it seemed that theyhad not been so relaxed for a long time. 

After the meal, we sat under the tree in front ofthe house, looking out at the acres of jasminefields in front of the door, the stars and bones ofthe flowers visible in the pale moonlight, at thesame time we chatted various things I had seenand heard in Thailand.