152-154

Chapter 152 The Dent of Joy

Anzhi Tong fixed on me with a stare for a while, and then he shook his head and said, "Tom, you can treat your friends with affections, righteousness, and generosity, but it's not the same case in doing business where you need to get your maximum profits. People who don't like money are unqualified businessmen; people who don't know how to acquire greatest interests are rarely a winner."

I smiled and said, "Mr. Tong, I think that one must behave on principle and stick to your real self whether in doing business or making friends. Having a clear conscience is the best result regardless of whether you can succeed or not."

Anzhi stared at me again for a moment and nodded thoughtfully, "You know, Tom, for me the best way to achieve success is to acquire the greatest interests, but what you said just now might be your ideal way. I should not have tried to change your mind because you may therefore make a counterproductive result and end in failure."

"I'm glad that you can understand that."

"Of course I do. Instead, I should thank you for teaching me a lesson that everyone has a unique way to succeed. What a vain life I've lived in!"

"You're too modest, Mr. Tong. Oh, yes, my classmates are drinking at a bar and watching a ladyboy show, would you like to go and have a drink there?" I didn't want to continue bragging and thus change a topic.

"I'm too old for joining in that fun. I'm afraid the exciting show might get me a weak heart. You can enjoy yourselves."

"Ok, then I will buy you a meal tomorrow."

"It's fine. I'm not familiar with this place, hope you can take me to get some delicious food then. I want to try more food from all over the world as my teeth are still pretty and straight."

With that, I successfully steered the conversation to Thai food.

Twenty minutes or so later, the car was parked in front of an isolated bar.

After saying goodbye to Anzhi, I looked up at this bar and had no idea why Zhe Xu and Xin Wen and the others had come here since the bar wasn't downtown but tucked away in a remote place.

Zhe and the others were on the second floor, so after entering the bar, I went straight upstairs.

The pale purple-red light intermingled with the faint-yellow one, rendering an indefinable strange feeling to the second floor, the smell of women's perfume and alcohol permeated in the air, a few voluptuous figures were performing pole dance on the stage, but I do not know they were men or women. Waiters in skimpy dress and bargirls in more revealing dress shuttled among them, and in the rhythmic music came the man's voice and women's laughter in the distance with the clinking of glasses.

This is a den of joy, a paradise of cavorting for men, and a world of indulgence for women.

I found Zhe and the others near the corner. The nine of them, including five men and four women who sat around in a booth, were drinking and chatting happily.

"Hi, Tom, come here."

Xin the sharp-eyed girl noticed me right away, she waved at me and took the initiative to move over to make a seat available next to her.

I walked over with a smile and greeted Xin and Zhe and the others, including Licheng Huang and another classmate who arrived late in the evening and I wasn't able to give an airport pickup.

"Wow, we finally have your coming, Mr. Fang, how's the business going?" Licheng raised his chin at me with a fake smile.

"Sorry for being late, I couldn't get away because we had made an appointment." I said with a smile and sat down next to Xin.