2.

Kaycee threw her phone onto the bed and shut her door, wanting nothing more than to shut out the rest of the world with it.

She really had no idea why all of this was bothering her this much but, all she knew was that nothing else was roaming through her mind.

All she could see when she closed her eyes was Bailey and Sean dancing together while the whole room erupted in cheers for them.

She shook her head to get rid of the thought and made her way out into the kitchen when she smelt fresh chocolate chip cookies.

Kaycee: "mom you didn't have to do that"

Laura: "I can tell when something really bothers you kaycee"

Kaycee: "I guess I just...I really don't know what's bothering me."

Laura: "what do you mean sweetie?"

Kaycee: "today in class Sean was paired up to dance with Bailey instead of me and i wasn't expecting it to hurt me this much"

Laura: "that's your best friend, so obviously it's gonna make you jealous in some sort of way...it's normal"

Kaycee: "but it seems like there's something going on between them mom..."

Laura: "like what?"

Kaycee: "he only looks at me that way...until today. He looked at her like she was...like she was me."

Laura grabbed Kaycee's hand across the table to console her as best as possible.

Laura: "and you feel like she's gonna replace you?"

Kaycee: "I mean no...he wouldn't do that to me. But it's just the whole thought of that class makes me sick to my stomach"

Laura: "do you think maybe you might have genuine feelings for him kayc?"

She asked as she pulled out the warm cookies from the oven.

Kaycee: "no. I mean, I don't think so."

Laura: "to me it sounds like you do"

Kaycee: "he's my best friend mom!"

Laura: "I'm just analyzing the way you're feeling, I'm not jumping to conclusions but let me ask you this..."

Kaycee looked up from the table and made eye contact with her mom.

Laura: "how would you feel if Bailey and Sean started getting closer and that ended up forming into a relationship?"

Kaycee: "I'd be happy for him"

She tried to fake a smile, knowing that her entire sentence was falsely formulated.

Laura: "don't lie to me"

Kaycee: "fine mom! I'd be upset okay?! I don't know what to do because I think I've started to have feelings for him but clearly he doesn't feel the same...I'm confused and hurt. I just don't wanna get my heart broken by my best friend."

Laura: "and that's common kaycee, you just need to take a deep breath and worry about things as they come. Stop focusing so much on what might happen and start focusing more on what is happening."

Kaycee took a deep breath and walked around the table to hug her mom. She was always the best as giving advice.

Laura: "sleep good baby girl, and don't worry too much okay? Everything will work out."

Kaycee nodded and made her way back through the living room and down the hall to her own.

Although she wished she hadn't, she picked up her phone and noticed 5 missed calls from Bailey and 13 from Sean.

Kaycee: "ugh!"

She threw her phone back down and fell back onto the bed as her eyes filled up with unwanted tears.

She let a few slip before wiping them away and plugging her phone in after turning off all notifications, not wanting to focus on this situation much more.

She'd finally fallen asleep around 12 and only an hour later she was woken up to a knocking on her window that made her jump.

When she got up to open it she immediately regretted her decision.

It was Sean.

Sean: "please can I come in?"

Kaycee: "...yeah I guess"

Sean: "we need to talk and it can't wait"

She didn't respond, she just sat back in her bed pulling the covers up to cover all of her body except for her head.

Sean: "why the fuck aren't you answering any of my calls or texts kayc? You had me worried."

Kaycee: "I was showering, I told you that"

Sean: "for 4 hours kaycee?!"

She let out a sigh and looked down

Sean: "you need to tell me what's bothering you...is it something I did?"

Kaycee: "no, nothings wrong. I'm just in my head about a lot of things and it's fucking with me."

Sean: "well talk to me...instead of just walking out of class without even telling me"

Kaycee: "you were busy"

Sean: "if you would've told me you were ready to go I would've cut the conversation dude"

Kaycee: "I don't control you...and I don't want you to feel that way. So it was easier to just go."

Sean: "but you're clearly upset"

Kaycee: "I told you I was fine. It's nothing you did. It's nothing anyone did okay?"

Sean: "then why, when I called you 20 times, did you not pick up? I was so damn worried that I made Bailey call you too"

Kaycee flashed her screen to Sean to show him all of the notifications sitting there untouched.

Kaycee: "believe me, I saw."

Sean: "you're not helping your case"

Kaycee: "if you really wanna know why I wasn't answering, it was because I was crying in the kitchen to my mom. About life, about everything I'm thinking about and I left my distraction in here because that would've been no help at all. That's why."

They were silent for a second. Kaycee unsure if she'd said too much.

Sean: "I don't like when you tell me you're crying...and I also hate yelling at each other. So can we quit?"

Kaycee: "yeah...I'm sorry"

Sean: "it's okay I just-was it something about the class tonight?"

Kaycee: "it doesn't matter, I'm okay I promise. No need to worry"

Sean: "you didn't even wanna do it kayc, you always perform for the camera"

Kaycee: "I wasn't comfortable I guess"

Sean: "dancing with gabe?"

Kaycee: "I uh...no I just wasn't comfortable with the dance yeah."

Sean shook his head knowingly. He knew she was hiding the fact that she only wanted to dance with him.

Sean: "want me to stay over?"

Kaycee: "no go get some rest, you have a photo shoot tomorrow remember?"

Sean: "fuck you're right...hug me?"

Kaycee stood up and wrapped her arms tightly around him, not wanting to let go as she let a tear slip and fall onto his shirt.

She made herself quit as he pulled away and hopped down out of the window carefully.

Sean: "love you kayc"

Kaycee: "love you too"