9.

Sean: "kayc. oh my god. where do I start? when you texted me back I was so god damn relieved that you answered that I didn't even think to respond. I just got out of the shower and washed up when I saw your text, and my heart sunk. I always text you good night first, and I fucked up, it may seem like a small thing but I know it means a lot to you. I'll be better okay? I promise I didn't leave you waiting for a response because I felt like it. There was no bad intention behind it. I hope you sleep well beautiful, and call me if you need something. I'll be up when I hear your call, so never hesitate. I love you too. And please don't be upset with me. I'll see you tomorrow, call me when you wake up."

Kaycee woke up around 7:00 since it was Monday and got up to start her day when she noticed her phone on low battery.

She picked it up to plug it in when she saw a long text from Sean, forgetting all about her text last night.

When she read it, she instantly felt better knowing he didn't do it on purpose or to make her feel like she was being replaced more than she already did.

He'd always texted her goodnight, and although he didn't know it, that's the one thing she looked forward to every night.

Kaycee: "it's fine, you going to class tonight?"

Sean: "yeah I am"

Kaycee: "just you?"

Sean: "uh...yeah I think so"

Kaycee: "okay, ice cream after maybe?"

Sean: "definitely"

Kaycee: "mkay"

Sean: "FaceTime me please"

Kaycee was reluctant to do so, but she wanted Sean to stop bugging her about how she felt, so she pretended the way he spend his time with Bailey didn't mean anything to her.

She called him and he immediately answered with a smile

Sean: "my kayceeeeee!"

She giggled...

Kaycee: "hey Sean"

Sean: "you feeling less teary eyed today?"

Kaycee: "as of right now, I do, yes"

Sean: "and I wanna formally apologize for not responding last night, Bailey was over and-"

Kaycee pulled the phone away from her face as soon as she heard that.

That was the first sleepover they'd ever had, and that was their thing.

Bailey probably had one of his hoodies now, and that's all it took for kaycee to walk over to her closet and start pulling them out one by one.

Kaycee: "it's fine Sean, no big deal"

Sean: "what're you doing?"

Kaycee: "cleaning my closet out"

Sean: "you, kaycee rice, are getting rid of clothes?! I'm impressed"

Kaycee: "more like returning them to their rightful owner"

Sean: "what do you mean?"

Kaycee: "never mind idiot, I'm just getting rid of stuff that I don't need...that doesn't mean I don't want them though"

She looked down at the last hoodie she pulled out. A bright yellow one. her favorite one that she was so tempted to keep, but decided against it.

Sean: "so I guess I'll see you tonight then?"

Kaycee: "you will"

Sean: "ice cream date after, don't forget"

Kaycee: "...Sean."

Sean: "hmm?"

Kaycee: "don't call it a date, you have a girlfriend and she would like that"

Sean: "I'm sorry I jus-"

Kaycee: "it's fine, you'll get used to it...no more fun flirting okay?"

Sean: "but i-"

Kaycee: "please"

Sean: "okay"

Kaycee: "it'll make things easier"

Sean: "just for you"

Kaycee: "I'll see you tonight lew"

Sean: "see you soon kayc"

The rest of the day went pretty fast, and kaycee was excited to finally have a class with her best friend this time, just the two of them.

Around 7 she pulled up to Studio V and saw Sean's car.

She noticed he wasn't in the car but it was unlocked, like usual, so she took the pile of stolen hoodies and threw them in the back of his car.

She saw the yellow one again and was half tempted to keep it, but she knew that wasn't smart because he had a girlfriend now.

Afterwards she locked her car and went inside to see Sean standing in the doorway talking to Matt...and guess who stood beside him...Bailey.

Kaycee wanted to walk out at that point but she saw Josh and Julian sitting to her left and decided to join them.

Josh: "kayc, what's up bro!"

Kaycee: "nothing"

Julian: "somethings got our firecracker down Josh"

Kaycee smiled

Kaycee: "I'm okay guys"

Julian: "on a serious note kaycee, we're not letting you take class like this"

Kaycee: "what do you mean?"

Julian: "you look like you just gave your dog up to the pound...what's fucking with you?"

Kaycee thought back to the hoodies she just put in Sean's car, wanting nothing more than to engulf her tiny body in one and cry.

Kaycee: "I'm just...worn out. mentally and emotionally"

Josh: "we're here for you, you know that?"

Kaycee: "I do...you always have been, so thank you"

Julian: "I can't help but wonder if you're sad because of that"

He pointed over to Sean pressed up against the wall with Bailey kissing him gently. Neither of them caring who saw or took pictures.

The kiss broke and they were both smiling like idiots and kaycee wanted to break down right there...she felt empty.

Julian saw the tear slip and the two of them took her outside to cool off.

Once alone with just Josh and Julian she broke down sobbing. She couldn't breathe.

Josh was rubbing soothing circles on her back while Julian tried to calm her down from the panic attack.

She knew nobody was able to get her to calm down except for Sean, but she didn't want to see him at that point.

Julian: "hey hey hey, it's okay. I could tell this was bothering you from the start...shhhh"

Kaycee: "I...can't...breathe..."

She was inhaling every second trying to get as much air as she could into her system.