17

It took them around 15 minutes to make it to Julians lake house where the party was.

Sean: "you sure you want to? I can take you home, I'll stay with you"

Kaycee grabbed his hand that was relaxed on the center console and gave it a squeeze.

Kaycee: "I'm sure Sean, don't worry. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to."

Sean: "you're right, I guess I just don't wanna make you do something you're uncomfortable with"

Kaycee: "it's fine, I'll be okay, I think you should be more worried about not showing affection cause you're failing terribly right now"

She glanced down at their hands.

He was running his thumb up and down her hand.

He chuckled and squeezed her hand tighter.

Sean: "were not there yet princess"

Kaycee: "I get that, but maybe you should practice"

Sean: "I have been, for two years, now I don't have to anymore. Let me touch you, just until we get there"

Kaycee smiled at him.

Kaycee: "I love when you touch me, I'm serious, I just don't want any drama yet."

Sean: "I know, I've been hiding my feelings for 2 years, like I said, I'm a pro at this point...but once we get back in this car you're all mine."

Kaycee: "I wouldn't want it any other way"

He smiled, still keeping his eyes fixated on the road as he pulled straight into Julians driveway behind Josh's red truck.

As soon as they parked kaycee saw Tahani and Josh making their way up to the car to greet them.

Tahani: "kaycee!!"

Kaycee: "hey T, what's up?"

Tahani: "I'm so glad you came, he convinced you...didn't he?"

Kaycee: "maybe a little but this isn't my scene"

Tahani: "there's drinks back there, maybe that'll help you let loose"

Kaycee was immediately feeling regret the minute she heard that.

Now this was really not her scene.

And Sean noticed her sudden change of personality when Tahani mentioned the alcohol.

Sean told Josh and T that he'd meet them in the back and walked slowly with kaycee.

Sean: "you know you don't have to drink"

Kaycee: "and I won't"

Sean: "I figured"

Kaycee: "and if you want to, that's fine, but I'm finding someone else to take me home then."

Sean: "you're supposed to stay with me tonight"

Kaycee: "and I will, as long as your not intoxicated"

Sean knew that drinking with the boys really wasn't worth getting in an argument with Kaycee, but at the same time, he really wanted to have fun.

Sean: "princess..."

Kaycee: "I won't be mad at you Sean, it's your decision, but I'll be over there with the girls."

He sighed, he was really looking forward to their night together, and he'd been in love with her for 2 years so he decided against it.

Water it was for him.

Kaycee hung out with the girls, who were all drinking some sort of seltzer while she sipped on water that she'd brought with her.

Bailey: "hey kayc"

She was already slurring.

This was gonna be a long night.

Kaycee: "hey!"

Bailey: "I just wanna formally apologize for causing a scene. I didn't mean to accuse you guys."

Kaycee smiled nervously.

Kaycee: "no it's fine, really, you had every right to be mad"

Bailey: "yea but not at you"

Kaycee: "it's really okay"

Bailey shook her head and walked off to play beer pong with Julian.

When kaycee moved her head in that direction she saw Josh and Sean opposite them on the table.

He had a red solo cup in his hand, and she swore her face turned the same color as that cup.

She couldn't believe after their conversation that he was drinking, and right in front of her.

But what she didn't know was that it was water, purely water.

He promised himself that tonight was about her and gaining her trust in a new way. He had her trust in a friendly way but, this was a whole new ballpark for them, and he needed to make sure he hit a home run.

He's been waiting too long to mess it up now.

But she didn't know that. She figured he took her words with a grain of salt and did his own thing anyway.

She hated parties, especially when she was bored and alone at them.

All of her friends except for Julians sister Jade were drinking and she wanted nothing to do with that.

She saw kaycee sitting by herself on the patio couch, wrapped in Sean's hoodie. She ran up to the car and stole it out of there, knowing he wouldn't mind.

Jade: "hey kayc, you cozy enough?"

Kaycee: "oh hey j, yeah I am, thanks"

Jade: "I can't help but notice that you look a tad bit upset"

Kaycee: "no I'm okay, just not a big drinker haha"

Jade: "you and me both but Julian insists, especially when mom and dad aren't home so I just go with the flow."

Kaycee: "my siblings both have a mind of their own too, so believe me, I hear you"

Kaycee was shivering, it was getting colder and Jade noticed.

Jade: "since you're not into partying with that crowd, why don't we head inside and bundle up. I've got hot coco"

Kaycee: "that sounds amazing actually"

Jade smiled and let kaycee follow her inside before locking the door, not wanting any of the party goers to intrude unwanted.

Kaycee glanced out the window at Sean who winked at her from behind the beer pong table and she just looked away...

Another hour passed and she felt like she could fall asleep any minute now, but she felt as though Sean was is no state to drive...and he'd end up sleeping over Julians anyway.

Kaycee: "hey Jade, can I ask you a huge favor"

Jade: "sure kaycee, anything"

Kaycee: "could you possibly drive me to Sean's?"

Jade: "but Sean's here?"

Kaycee: "yeah I know, it's uh...it's a lot to explain and I'm really tired-"

Jade: "don't worry kayc, come on, let's get you over there"