30.

Kaycee: "Bailey I...I don't know what else to say?"

Bailey: "you and Sean did everything together, the only thing I had on you was that label. I was his girlfriend, and you were just his friend. But now, you have that too!"

Kaycee: "like I said, I didn't ask for this, it just kinda happened Bai. I'm really sorry you're not okay with it."

Bailey: "of fucking course I'm not kaycee! It hasn't even been that long. Now I'm wondering if you guys were secretly smooching behind my back the entire time!"

Kaycee: "oh my god no! We'd never. I...would never."

Bailey: " I also thought you'd never lie straight to my face about being with Sean after we'd just broken up, but look where we're at."

She got up and walked to the door while tears filled Kaycee's eyes.

Bailey: "thanks so much for the sleepover kayc. I hope you're happy, cause clearly that's all that matters yeah?"

She opened the door and slammed it back shut. Causing the whole house to shake. Or so it felt.

Kaycee was frozen.

She had no idea what to do.

Everyone definitely heard that, and the last thing she wanted to do was explain anything else. She was really hurt that Bailey had called her selfish, because she's been told countless other times that she's the opposite.

She gradually picked herself up off her bed and quietly walked back downstairs where she heard Sean answering their questions at the table.

She put on a smile cause she didn't want anyone to suspect badly, but then again, Bailey did just storm out of the house.

When she rounded the corner everyone looked at her with a curious expression, waiting for some kind of acknowledgment.

Sean: "you okay?"

Kaycee: "yeah, yeah, all's good"

Sean: "it didn't seem that way when Bailey stormed out like that"

Kaycee: "no, it went fine, she just wanted some time, that's all."

Kaycee smiled and hoped they'd bought it, and she knew they did, all but Sean who could read her like an open book.

Tahani: "you guys coming to Talias partner class tonight?"

Sean: "we're both signed up"

They all nodded that they'd tag along which meant Bailey was most likely signed up as well.

Tati: "obviously I can't, I've got a plane to catch back to Texas tonight but I wanted to come to the premiere of After You."

Kaycee: "I know, I'm still so happy you're back for a little"

Tati smiled at kaycee.

Julian: "I've gotta take all these losers home since their ride left without them"

He was referring to Bailey

Sean: "alright man, I'll see you guys tonight"

They all shared hugs and smiles until they were all out the door and Sean shut it quietly.

He turned back around and wrapped kaycee up, lifting her off the ground as she wrapped her legs around his waist and clung on like a koala.

He held her, sensing that it all wasn't alright. That she was hiding things and that she wasn't as okay as she pretended to be after that conversation.

Sean: "hey bubba"

Kaycee: "hmm?"

Sean: "talk to me"

Kaycee: "about what?"

She was still buried in his shoulder

Sean: "kaycee, we may be getting to know each other in an entirely different way, but I've still been your best friend for almost three years. I can tell when you're off."

She sighed

Kaycee: "don't put me down"

Sean: "I'm not, I promise"

He gripped underneath of her and swayed back and forth like he was holding a baby.

Kaycee: "she's just a little confused and needs time to understand Sean, that's all"

Sean: "she looked furious though"

Kaycee: "can we stop talking about it?"

He froze

Kaycee: "...just for now?"

Sean: "yeah, I'm sorry"

Kaycee: "no it's okay, I'm really happy it's out. I can be all over you tonight at class...that makes me happy"

Sean: "me too princess, just gotta remember that every time you turn my head to kiss me, we miss a detail"

Kaycee laughed

Kaycee: "there's my boy"

He chuckled and sat her down lightly, pressing a kiss to her lips.

Sean: "and I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you earlier, but I love you too"

Kaycee smiled

Kaycee: "now what?"

Sean: "it's about noon, and class isn't until 8:30 tonight."

Kaycee: "well Christmas is coming up"

Sean: "it's literally November 6th babe"

Kaycee: "screw thanksgiving Sean, let's go watch Home Alone I and II."

Sean: "where at?"

Kaycee: "my bed duh"

Sean: "my god you're so beautiful"

She smiled and hugged him tightly, still a little upset by baileys words, but trying not to let it get the best of her.

But they made their way upstairs, turned the movie on and she fell asleep again...this time in his arms.

She felt more comfortable than she had all night, and she'd almost forgot what it was like when they weren't this intimate.

But one thing she loved was the fact that they started out as best friends, and she not only found that, but she found her soulmate in the process.

Sean: "sleep good bubba"

Kaycee: "I will now"

Sean smiled and held her close, loving every single moment they shared.