12.

She looked back up at him.

He deserved to know.

Kaycee: "the hoodies, the cuddling, the hugging...it can't happen anymore if you wanna keep that relationship"

Sean: "I uh...I guess...I guess you're right"

Kaycee: "that's why I gave them all back Sean, because they shouldn't belong to me. They're yours, and if anyone should have your hoodies it's Bailey...not me."

Sean: "I saw the yellow one on top"

Kaycee: "yeah I almost kept it, but it wasn't right so I decided not to"

Sean: "you could've"

Kaycee: "I know, but it wasn't the right thing to do"

Sean: "well I'm glad one of us is thinking more logically"

Kaycee: "mhm, I'm trying"

Sean: "I want my best friend back kayc"

Kaycee: "I never said I wasn't your best friend, but the way you call me 'your kaycee' and all that, sure it makes me smile but think about how Bailey feels hearing that."

Sean: "that makes you smile?"

Kaycee: "Sean you're missing the point, could you focus?"

Sean: "I can't focus on anything but the fact that you're slowly slipping from my fingers and if all it takes is for me to break up with her I'll call her right now"

Kaycee: "woah, stop. first of all, never talk about someone like that, especially someone you love."

Sean: "I'm sorry I didn't mean it"

Kaycee: "second of all, I'm not going anywhere"

Sean: "we were supposed to have ice cream after class but you went with Jules and Josh instead."

Kaycee: "because you had Bailey and it was just supposed to be us! There's so many times it was just supposed to be us Sean!"

His eyes widened, and that exact sentence gave him all the explanation he needed.

Kaycee: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way. Maybe you should go."

Sean grabbed her hands and made her still.

Sean: "stop, slow down and look at me. I told you from the beginning that I was always gonna put our friendship first because there's nothing like it kaycee. And I told you to tell me when something bothered you...and it took you this long to admit it, and on accident?!"

Kaycee: "she deserves love Sean...and you deserve each other so who am I to step in and fight for you?! It shouldn't be that way. I fucking blew it. I blew it because I had numerous opportunities to tell you how I felt and I didn't. So this should be my problem."

Sean: "kaycee you mean so much to me, nothing you say is gonna change that. You shouldn't have to sit at home and cry and have panic attacks at the studio where you normally thrive...because of someone like me. I'm way out of your league."

Kaycee: "that's the thing, when I picture my life in the future it's you and me. It always has been. So what in the world makes you think I'd want anything different?"

Sean: "well then why in the world are you sitting her defending Bailey and wanting me to make things work with her?!"

Kaycee: "because I'd never be the person to cause a break up, she's gonna be so hurt Sean."

Sean: "I can't help what I want, and it's always been you. I just needed something to distract myself from those feelings."

Kaycee: "...it has?"

Sean: "has what?"

Kaycee: "always been me?"

Sean: "from the beginning. and it hasn't changed and that's why I've been chasing an answer out of you."

Kaycee smiled down at her feet.

Sean: "there's my smile"

Kaycee: "I really think we should sleep on this Sean, at least for a day or so. There was a lot we got off our chests and it's almost been an hour."

Sean: "one more thing before I go"

She looked at him as he grabbed his bag and pulled a warm yellow hoodie from it.

Sean: "it's not mine anymore, it's yours"

Kaycee: "Sean I-"

Sean: "It makes me happy knowing you have it, you know, for when you can't sleep and stuff..."

Kaycee smiled at him, how on earth did he think he was out of her league?

Kaycee: "thank you"

Sean: "you can always call me though, and I'll be here in a heart beat"

Kaycee: "sleep on it lew...call me tomorrow"

He winked as he made his way out the door and quietly to his car, smiling in the slightest.

She fell back on her bed with happy tears in her eyes. All she wanted was to clear the air but they did more than that.

But then it hit her.

Bailey.

She felt terrible. Like she caused a breakup she never intended to.

But if her and Sean do end up together, they'd have to keep it a secret for awhile before coming out public in fear of all the allegations her friends would pin against them.

Especially the cheating ones.