18.

It took them about 30 minutes from Julians to arrive at Sean's house. Kaycee noticed the lights off, meaning his parents were still away on their business trip, and Serris wasn't home either.

Jade: "doesn't look like anyone's home kayc, you sure?"

Kaycee: "I knew nobody would be home, I know where the spare is"

Jade: "as long as you make it inside"

Kaycee smiled at how much she cared.

Kaycee: "thank you so much Jade, really"

Jade: "don't mention it, text me when you get inside"

Kaycee nodded and made her way inside easily, placing the spare key back down under the door mat.

she sighed and clicked on the dim lamp in the kitchen, taking a seat at the island and resting her head down on her hands.

She felt herself dozing off and she knew she'd fall asleep soon, so she took it upon herself to walk herself up to Sean's room and cuddle up in his blankets, taking in his scent.

Back at Julians, Jade made her way back out to the party and saw Sean searching for something around the yard.

Sean: "oh my god Jade! have you seen kaycee?!"

Jade: "yeah I uh...I just took her back to your place, she wanted to go there instead of home."

Sean: "do you know why she didn't come get me?"

Jade: "she said cause you'd probably end up sleeping over here since you've been drinking."

Sean poured the clear water from his cup into the grass in front of her.

Sean: "I haven't drank a sip, it's been water all night"

Jade: "she didn't know that, and she wanted you to be safe, so she asked me to drive her home...well, to yours"

Sean sighed and buried his face in his hands.

Jade: "though she wouldn't tell me why she wanted to go there, nobody was even home?!"

Sean: "long ass story, believe me, but I gotta go, tell Jules I said thank you."

She smiled as she watched Sean run to his car that was parked out front and speed out of the driveway.

The 30 minute drive was ruthless. The thought of her being mad at him was eating him up inside.

Luckily she was still lying awake in his bed, hoping he was safe and not on the road.

But when she heard the door open she froze until she heard him.

Sean: "kaycee?!"

She sighed as she heard him walk up the stairs...more like run, and into his room.

Sean: "fuck, you scared the shit out of me baby"

baby

that was a new one.

Kaycee: "and why did you drive here Sean?!"

Sean: "because I wasn't drinking"

Kaycee: "save the lies, it's fine, I'm here, you don't have to pretend-"

Sean: "it was water, it just looked like it, I promise. I have no alcohol in me"

Kaycee: "you didn't drink?"

Sean: "not one sip kayc"

Kaycee: "oh, I uh...I'm really sorry."

Sean: "I get what it looked like, but I promise I wouldn't do that to you. Ever. I was scared shitless when I couldn't find you"

Kaycee: "I was scared you were gonna try to drive home intoxicated and get hurt...that's why I'm still awake"

Sean: "you could've called princess"

Kaycee: "I was mad at you"

He chuckled, knowing this entire thing was a simple misunderstanding.

Kaycee: "your lucky, I almost went home instead"

Sean: "Jade asked me why you wanted to come here instead, I just told her it was a long story"

Kaycee: "I didn't get a chance to smell you all night, you were so far away. So I wanted to sleep in your scent"

Sean: "precious"

Kaycee smiled at him and leaned in placing her in his arms.

Sean: "wanna go to sleep?"

Kaycee: "mhm"

Sean: "mkay, let me go shower real fast, don't fall asleep without me"

Kaycee: "I won't"

He placed a kiss on her forehead and raced off to the bathroom, where his shower took no longer than 10 minutes.

He came out of the bathroom in joggers that hung low on his hip and no shirt.

Kaycee: "nice abs"

Sean was laughing causing them to flex and the butterflies to grow in Kaycee's stomach.

Sean: "what's the smile for rice?"

Kaycee: "I'm so lucky Sean, that's all"

Sean: "we both are kaycee, me more than you"

She smiled as he slid his way into bed and pulled her closer to him. Her head was rising and falling with his chest.

Kaycee: "good night"

Sean: "good night baby, thank you for coming home to me"

Kaycee: "I wasn't gonna get cuddles if I went home"

Sean: "you know I would've come over if you left like that"

Kaycee: "I know"

Sean: "but I'm glad I didn't have to, coming in here and seeing you wrapped up in my bed gave me butterflies I swear. It's all I've wanted for so damn long princess. so long."

Kaycee: "well I'm glad to grant all your wishes Sean lew, I'll see you in the morning"

He smiled, and although she couldn't see, a tear slipped from the corner of his eye.

He was so happy that he had her, and that she was in the same boat.

Sleeping with her in his arms felt like a dream that he never wanted to wake up from, and that was beautiful.