13.

That night, when Sean got home he FaceTimed Bailey on her request and tried to play it cool, but all he could think about was his conversation with kaycee.

Bailey: "I can't help but notice you seem distracted"

Sean: "sorry I uh...I'm just thinking"

Bailey: "what about babe?"

Sean cringed at the nickname, and he'd never done that before. It all seemed so normal, until today.

Sean: "I guess just my conversation with kaycee and all that happened today, it was just a lot to take in"

Bailey: "did she finally tell you why she's been acting different lately?"

Sean: "she did yeah"

Bailey: "what was up? If you don't mind telling"

Sean didn't wanna seem suspicious, so he quickly thought of a lie that he wasn't proud of.

Sean: "a bunch of family drama had been going on at home and she really wasn't up to discuss it before but, she's doing a lot better now"

Bailey: "I'm really glad you guys cleared that up, so now you don't have to worry as much about her right?"

Sean: "actually I wanted to talk to you about something, it has nothing to do with kaycee but, it's on my mind"

Bailey: "sure, you're making me nervous"

Sean: "I feel like being in a relationship right now isn't right for me, and it's not your fault. You've been the most amazing girl friend but, it just feels like I have too much going on to handle."

Her face fell and Sean could see the tears forming in her eyes as she wiped them.

Bailey: "oh I uh...okay"

Sean: "Bailey listen please, you're so beautiful and amazing and there's nothing wrong with how you carried yourself throughout this entire relationship, it's just the wrong time for me, and I'm really sorry"

Bailey: "I understand Sean, no need to explain."

Sean: "but you've always been one of my best friends and I hope it doesn't change"

Bailey: "change is inevitable but, I'll see you around"

She hung up, and he felt like the worlds biggest douche bag.

So he called kaycee.

Kaycee: "Sean it's 2 in the morning and you woke me up"

Sean: "I can't help it, I just broke up with Bailey"

Kaycee: "what?! at 2 in the morning?!"

Sean: "I couldn't wait"

She sighed knowing she was the cause

Kaycee: "did you tell her about me?"

Sean: "no I made up some shitty ass lie about you having family drama to deal with"

Kaycee: "ugh...I feel bad for her"

Sean: "I feel like a douche too kayc, I'm the one who did it!"

Kaycee: "I get it but, if I would've just kept my mouth shut this wouldn't have happened"

Sean: "shut up, you know you want cuddles from me"

She giggled behind the phone, how did he know exactly what she was thinking?

Sean: "and I bet I could guess exactly what you're wearing"

Kaycee: "oh yeah?"

Sean: "my yellow hoodie and those navy blue boxers"

Kaycee laughed signifying he was right.

Sean: "mhm"

Kaycee: "I told you to sleep on it Sean...what if you wake up and this isn't what you want?"

Sean: "I've woken up for the past year wanting you, I don't think that'll change in the morning...believe me"

Kaycee: "fine but we can't tell people. At least not yet"

Sean: "so you're saying I can't smack your butt in public"

Kaycee: "thats exactly what I'm saying"

Sean: "ugh fine"

Kaycee: "and you have to work your way up to that stage sir, you don't get full access just yet"

He giggled

Sean: "you're so weird"

Kaycee: "get some sleep dummy"

Sean: "but I wanna come back"

Kaycee: "it's 2 a.m. your mom will kill you if you sneak out"

Sean: "who cares?!"

Kaycee: "me!"

Sean: "your parents have woken us up when you were on top of me and didn't say a word, my mom doesn't care especially if it's you."

Kaycee: "by the time you get here I'm gonna be asleep"

Sean: "wait up for me...please"

Kaycee: "fine but you better bring me chic-fil-a"

Sean: "on my way"

She smiled into her phone, knowing that she'd finally gotten what she wanted.

But she also hurt one of her best friends in the process.

A half hour passed and he was sneaking quietly in her room with a bag full of goodies.

Sean: "hey sleepy head"

Kaycee: "hey, thanks for the food"

Sean: "my pleasure"

Kaycee: "are you leaving or staying the night?"

Sean sat down beside her on the bed

Sean: "what do you want me to do?"

Kaycee: "you're already here so might as well stay"

Sean: "simple way of saying 'oh Sean, cuddle me to sleep and don't leave' am I right?"

She playfully punched him in the shoulder with a faint blush on her cheeks.

Kaycee: "did Bailey cry when you told her?"

Sean: "yeah, not a lot, but yeah"

Kaycee: "I feel so bad"

Sean: "right now you do, but we both have each other and that's all we both wanted. Am I right?"

Kaycee smiled

Kaycee: "you're right."

They chit chatted for another half hour as they finished eating and got settled for bed.

Sean slipped his shirt off and laid flat on his back in just his black joggers.

Kaycee stared down at him as he made himself comfortable.

Sean: "what?"

Kaycee: "nothing, you're just kinda cute"

Sean giggled and pulled her down onto him her face on his bare chest.

Sean: "so are you, now let's get some sleep"

Kaycee: "did you lock my door?"

Sean: "mhm"

Kaycee: "night Sean"

Sean: "goodnight"

She fell asleep to the constant rhythm of his heart beat and he fell asleep to her pattern of breathing.