29.

Sean sat downstairs for another half hour planning out how he wanted to ask her. She was right to bring it up, it's about time he pays attention to it.

He wanted to make it perfect though, not some thrown together idea just for the hell of it.

But it was 4 in the morning and he needed to go to sleep, or else he wouldn't wake up in time to make everyone breakfast.

In the end he decided to fall asleep on the couch, not wanting to wake anyone in the morning with his alarm.

He'd always been an early bird, and everyone else bugged him for it.

Only 3 hours of sleep didn't seem great but he knew it was necessary, plus, time to think about how he was gonna tell the rest of the crew was ideal while making breakfast.

And he'd be lying if he said they went slow.

As soon as he fell asleep he was woken up by the loud beeping of his alarm.

Sean: "ugh fuck"

He rubbed his eyes and lifted himself off the couch slowly, not necessarily wanting to get up but needing to.

He decided on waffles for everyone since no one was up to give input just yet. Belgium or regular he though?

He decided on blueberry Belgium waffles for everyone hoping they'd enjoy them, and got to work.

He wasn't really nervous yet in terms of what he was gonna tell them, if anything, he was excited to finally be able to show her off the way she deserved.

An hour passed and just as he was getting the plates out to plate up the waffles he heard small footsteps coming slowly down the stairs.

He pretended not to hear and just kept getting things ready, and other supplies cleaned up and out of the way when Kaycee's little head popped around the corner.

Kaycee: "I knew I smelled your cooking"

Sean opened his arms and wrapped her up in a hug feeling how tense she was.

Sean: "you okay?"

Kaycee: "yeah why?"

Sean: "you feel tense"

Kaycee: "I'm a little nervous but it's nothing major, I'm alright Sean, I promise"

Sean: "how'd you sleep"

Kaycee: "okay, I mean it would've been better if you were there"

Sean: "I know baby girl"

Kaycee: "I didn't even hear you come up last night"

Sean: "I slept on the couch, I didn't wanna wake anyone when I woke up to get breakfast made"

Kaycee: "sean...you should've slept in another bed. Kylies, devons...mine."

Sean: "from now on it'll be yours okay?"

Kaycee: "mhm"

They heard more footsteps and broke apart from their hug.

Sean: "you ready?"

Kaycee: "as long as you do most of the talking"

Sean: "I will bubba"

Kaycee: "love you"

Sean saw them round the corner before he could respond so he just winked, and although he couldn't say it back she knew he did.

Josh: "my man!!"

Sean laughed

Tahani: "blueberry waffles!!"

they all ran to grab plates and syrup, taking seats at the Long Island that stood in Kaycee's house.

Bailey: "thanks so much Sean"

Sean: "no problem, you guys know I love to do it"

Julian: "wow these are delicious"

Sean smiled as he finished cleaning up.

Kaycee: "come eat, we can help you clean up after"

Sean: "no it's alright, there's only a few more dishes...I made the mess, I can clean it up"

Kaycee smiled and didn't mind standing, opposite all her friends at the island, barely able to eat because of her nerves.

He finally finished and amongst all their minuscule chatter, made himself a plate.

He took his spot, standing next to kaycee as he cleared his throat to get their attention.

Here goes nothing.

Sean: "hey guys I wanted to talk about something"

Julian winked at kaycee to help her calm down, noticing she was really tense.

Sean: "I uh...well we've been hiding something and we don't want to anymore. We think it's finally time to tell you I guess..."

Tati: "well don't keep us in suspense now"

Sean: "we're a thing"

He glanced at kaycee who wasn't even making eye contact with the rest of them, afraid to see what was happening in front of her.

Josh: "like dating?!"

Sean: "I mean, not really no"

Josh: "so what?"

Sean: "we're on our way to that stage I guess is one way to put it"

Tahani: "seaycee is real! finally!"

Bailey sat their straight faced.

Sean: "we didn't wanna make a scene, so we found it was best to tell you all now so you knew"

Josh: "so happy to hear it guys"

Tahani: "me and Tati have been predicting it for ages now"

Bailey still fell silent, and although kaycee wasn't looking, she noticed.

She glanced up, only focusing on Bailey who looked hurt but wasn't crying.

Kaycee: "hey Bailey, do you wanna go talk?"

She didn't say anything, just slightly nodded, and followed kaycee off to her room.

Kaycee let her in and closed the door quietly behind them.

Kaycee: "I want you to tell me how you feel about this, I can handle it, just throw it at me."

Bailey still didn't say anything, she looked like she was searching for the right way to say it...or what to even say."

Kaycee: "well I guess I should explain first"

Nothing.

Kaycee: "okay uh...I didn't really mean for this to happen at all. I wasn't prepared for it, just like you weren't but I uh...I dunno, it kinda just happened. I can't even really tell you how. I never saw him that way until recently but...I would've never broken you up. You have to believe me when I say that was not my doing. I get if you're mad, but there's not much else to say I guess"

Bailey: "not even that you're sorry?!"

Kaycee was taken back. She was not expecting that to be the first words that came from her mouth.

Kaycee: "well I guess I'm sorry for hurting you."

Bailey: "that's all kaycee?! after almost 10 years of being friends?!"

Kaycee stayed calm, she didn't want her friends to hear them downstairs, but she also wanted to escape this argument more than anything.

She hated conflict.