Tears and Heartbreak pt 2

Bakugou

    After she left with the officer I heard my mom suck in a breath like she does when she is trying to stay strong. I wonder what's going on to have y/n so upset and then my mother like this. Then it hits me. The one thing they have in common is her mother.

    " Tell that it's not that." I say quietly. Well quieter than I normally talk to her. She stays silent. " Tell me that she didn't loose the one thing that she heald close to in this world." I say louder. " Please."

     I don't know why this is hurting me. I barely knew the woman. I've seen her twice. Once when she came over for dinner and yesterday when I went over to train a little. I even learned a little sign language so I could at least greet her properly or ask how she is doing. She told me she was doing fine. Was she murdered? No she can't have been murdered.

    " I am hoping that's not the case and that she was just admitted into a hospital. Either way it has to be hard on the girl. That woman is all she had for several years." It's obviously hard on her you old hag. She blew up my punching bag and screamed for an hour.

    The phone rang after a couple minutes of silence. My mother grabbed it and listened to what was being said. I could tell it was bad news from the way the tears she was holding back was starting to fall freely down her face.

    " I understand officer. -pause- Yes I will. Thanks for letting me know. You have a good night sir." Before she even said anything I knew what was said on the other end. She's gone, Gwen l/n is gone.

Y/n

    " Sorry for the wait y/n. They said they would be here soon."

    " Let me just confirm this again. You said that my mom had chosen a special guardian for me in case something had happened to her." The officer nodded. " You are also telling me that she had been sick for a very long time without telling me." He nodded again.

    " Can you at least tell me who the guardian is?"

    " Sorry I'm late. What is it you needed..." Oh my God. " Y/n what are you doing here?"

    " Please tell me that my mom was joking and someone else is supposed to be coming?" The officer shook his head to say no.

    " What's wrong with your mother?"

    " Sir you might want to sit down for this." The officer said, motioning towards the chair beside me.

    " Are you sure that's what she wanted? I can't take care of kid on my own." I agree. He can barely handle one class.

    " I'm sure. This paper says, In the event of my death I want Shota Aizawa to watch over my daughter until she is an adult. The rest is just her funeral arrangements."

    " And here I thought the class finding out she used to date you would be the worst that could happen." Why did it have to be my teacher? " When did she make that document?"

    " Shortly after she found out that she had that illness. She knew there was no cure." He rejiplied.

    " So you're telling me that she made this two years ago without talking to me about it. She really loves to make my life hard." Poor Aizawa. First she left him for my father and now she is throwing her child at him.

    " I can go live with Bakugou if you don't want the problem of dealing with me." This is a test. He would probably kill me if I showed up, bags in hand, and told him I'm living there now.

    " I am not letting you live with that boy so don't even think about it."

    " Yep you're gonna be a great father." I say, patting his back. The police officer just shook his head.

    " Just fill out this paper work so you have custody of y/n and we will need you to gather her stuff from the house by the end of the day tomorrow." That seems kind of rushed.

    " Can I at least go tell him what happened. I kind of need to apologise for showing up at his house and destroying his things."

    " He probably already knows. We had to call his mom to let her know. It was one of the request she had." Oh. Poor Mitsuki, I'm sure she didn't want that phone call.

    " Done. Now Miss l/n do you want to stay at your house tonight or just sleep at my place?" Is he seriously giving me this option? Maybe he won't be such a good father.

    " Let me just grab my stuff..I don't have much. I hope you like cats cause I'm not leaving the cat." (Yes you have a cat.)

     The ride there was torture. I didn't want to say anything and neither did he. We  drove past Bakugou's house on the way to my place. In the living room window I saw the silhouette of Mitsuki crying and her husband comforting her.

    " We both knew this day would come." What is he talking about. " Me and Mitsuki always knew it. Your mother had a lot of medical issues growing up. We were shocked when she actually became pregnant with you. I was just hoping that it would be after you were grown up when she would pass away." I was hoping she was going to live to see me become a pro.

    " Why didn't she tell me she was sick?"

    " Because she didn't want you to worry about her even more than you already did. She didn't tell me either but I sort have figured she was." I can tell he is trying to hold it together. " We are here. Please hurry. I still have a class to teach." You think I don't know that.