No School For You

I wake up to the sun blinding me. I  swing my legs around so I can stretch myself awake. You know one of those stretches that feel like it goes on for hours when really it's a second. Those wake you up real nice.

    After my stretch I notice a note on the coffee table. It read:

I didn't want to wake you to tell you this. You're not going to school today. After what happened yesterday I don't want you to have to face all of those people. If you need anything you can use my phone, it's on the table with this note. I also left some money with you so you can buy something tho eat. Also next time you can't sleep just turn on the TV. It was weird waking up and seeing the house cleaned.

    I can't believe that he didn't let me go to school today. I know that he meant well but we were going to the USJ today. We were going to do rescue missions. How can I become a hero if I don't learn how to rescue people?

Time Skip

    This is boring. There is nothing to do here and I was instructed to stay put. Classes should be over by now so he will be getting back soon. What can  I do till he gets back?

    I know, I'll look at those yearbooks I found last night. Maybe I can find out what he was like as a kid. Maybe as a kid he showed more emotions.

    I grab the first one and flip to class 1b. That's the one he said he was in. I look through the faces of everyone in the class and quickly point out familiar faces. Aizawa was the disheveled one, Present Mic was the over excited one, I even saw that guy named Oboro from the picture.

    After a while of looking through the yearbook I stumbled onto a picture labeled three boys goofing off after class.( Picture up top). The name under the picture is my mother's. I look at the photographer for more pictures and find out that almost half was taken by my mother. Mainly the ones with class 1b which is surprising since she is a 1a student.

    Before I know it tears are falling onto the pages as I'm looking through the yearbook. Every time I see a picture with my mom's name as the taker the tears fall harder. It continued like this until I couldn't make out a single thing on the page.

Meanwhile outside of the USJ

    " Has anyone seen Present Mic? Anyone at all?" The young police officer from yesterday was trying his hardest to find the dj.

    " He's over by the ambulance where that other teacher is being loaded up." He thanks the other officer an makes his way to the ambulance.

    "Present Mic?" The excentric teacher turned his head towards the small officer.

    " Is there something you need?" The officer rubbed his ear. This guy is louder than the average human.

    " I'm Officer Hopkins. I need to talk to you about Shouta." This got his attention.

    " What about him? I heard that his injuries might damage his eyes but it's not fatal."

    " Has he told you about what happened yesterday?" Hopkins was hoping he didn't have to tell the dj everything.

    " Yeah he took in that kid with the two quirks because Gwen sadly passed on. I got the call from the station last night." Oh yeah. He forgot that Mic was on the list.

    " Well he put you down in the ' in case of emergency ' slot. I was hoping we wouldn't need to use that information but this counts as an emergency. So I will need you to watch that poor girl until the hospital releases him." This girl has been through a lot already. How much more is it going to take until the universe stops?

     " How am I supposed to explain this to her? If she's like her mother she will blame herself for this."  Mic looked as if he was about to self destruct any second.

     " If she hasn't already seen it on the news I could tell her. Those reporters are heading this way so chances are she knows. Don't kids watch tv if they stay home from school?"

    " Good point. If that's the case I better go and check on her." Little did the two know that someone had been listening in on the whole conversation.

Back to y/n with a slight timeskip

    I had fallen asleep shortly after the tears had stopped and a knock on the door wakes me up. Who could be here? School barely ended a few minutes ago.

    " Coming." I yell when they knock again. Who I see on the other side I was not expecting. Present Mic stood at the door. 

    " You know, Mr. Aizawa isn't here yet? I don't even know how you got here so fast. School just ended." His smile dropped a little, not that it was that big to begin with.

    " So I'm guessing you don't know. This makes it harder." Don't know what? What's going on here? He stepped into the house and started looking around. I know I have no authority over him but it's still rude to walk into a house uninvited.

     " What's going on sir? Why are you acting so down? That's so unlike you?" He turned to me again, this time not even bothering to try and smile.

    " You know one reason but the other I'm guessing not. How do I put this in a way as not to upset you? From what I know of you you are a lot like Gwen." Something is definitely wrong. He is putting more thought into this one explanation than it should require. What would upset me so much that this much effort is needed?

    " Just spit it out. I'm sure I can handle it." I pretty much yelled the first line.

    " The USJ was attacked by villains. Almost everyone got out unharmed. Midoriya and Shouta where injured though. So was Thirteen and All Might. From what I was told Midoriya broke his arm but your guardian had a lot more injuries. None life threatening. At the most his eyesight will be damaged by the end of the healing process. Until he is released he is having me watch over you."

    He is hurt? He got injured because villains attacked? If I was there I could have helped but I wasn't. Instead I was here looking through old yearbooks that's not even mine and sleeping.

    " I know what you're thinking kid. Just stop. You were exactly where you should have been. He is going to be fine." How can he say that? His best friend is hospitalized and he's stuck here with me.

    " Go and be with your friend. I'll be fine here. I can tell you want to keep an eye on him."

    " No can do. I am not allowed to leave you alone."

    " Fine then take me with you. I'm not going to be the reason you can't be there with your best friend. " I may also want to be there but that's not what matters.

    " Fine load up. We will stop for food on the way. From the money on the table I know you didn't order anything and he never has food here." Come here often?