Chapter 5: Joshua Collins

Josh can't help but notice the cute brunette sitting in the front row and he now could see the tattoo on her back that is showing through the thin fabric of her cardigan.

            "Good morning class, I'd like to start out by saying that we have a new student joining us today. Everyone welcome Joshua Collins. He just transferred here," Mr. Turner points to the back of the room. Josh waving. Callie looks back as Mr. Thompson introduces the now named new guy before turning around and doodling on the top of her paper.

            As class goes on, her right hand on her thigh, her left hand writing, she is jotting down almost everything verbatim on the whiteboard, unlike Josh who is just listening. Callie continues to take notes, but she can't help but get the sense of eyes on her. Turning in her seat slightly, sure enough, the new Josh guy staring at her. At the end of class, Callie gathers her stuff and stands up, glancing back to see Josh still at his desk.

            "That new guy is kinda hot," Courtney says as they walk out and to their lockers, not aware he was walking out behind them.

            Josh smirks, walking to his locker.

            "He's got a serious staring problem," Callie says, transitioning and getting out her math book and calculator.

            "Well, maybe he's just into you," Courtney suggests, leaning up against her locker looking over at Josh.

            "Yeah right," Callie laughs a little, going the opposite way to her Calculus class. She starts to think about practice later that evening since they have a huge rivalry game tomorrow. Callie walks by Josh, making out a little of the tattoo on his chest since his shirt isn't buttoned all the way.