Chapter 42: Hangovers and Second Baby Talk

A pounding headache accompanies Callie the next morning. The bright Florida sun peering in through the window to add to the intensity. Opening one eye, finding the spot next to her empty. Managing to sit up, she looks around the room and doesn't spot either Josh or Kaiser. But before worrying too much she then hears faint coos coming from her son. She steps out of bed with her head still pounding, deciding on a shower.

            "Hi," Josh sticks his head in as Callie gets the water running.

            "Hi," Callie smiles, stepping into the shower and begins to lather her hair.

            "How are you feeling this morning?"

            "Like crap," Callie says.

            "Well, I got some food and coffee for you when you're ready," Josh says.

            "Thank you," she says.

            Chuckling, Josh shuts the door behind him and rejoins Kaiser but only for a few more minutes when Callie joins. She sees the table filled with breakfast food and a venti cup of Starbucks. She takes a seat as Josh is already eating, taking a sip of his own coffee. Callie punches his arm.

            "Ow, what was that for?" Josh laughs, setting his fork down.

             "It's your fault I feel like this."

            "How is it my fault?"

            "You let me go," she answers, taking another sip.

            "Of course I did. You haven't gotten to have a night out in a long time."

             She rubs her temples. "My head hurts so bad."

            "Well, I got a lot of food so eat up," Josh says, rubbing Callie's back.

             "I'm not hungry though."

            "You need to eat something."

            "What time did I get back?"

             "Well, you came in and tried to molest me around two," he smirks.

           "Oh, I did huh?"

            "Oh yeah. Kaiser cried and ruined the moment and when I came back in you were nearly falling asleep."

            "That doesn't surprise me."

            "I think we should spend a lazy day with Kai," Josh suggests.

            "That sounds perfect to me."

            "I want another one," Josh informs.

            "Another huh?" Callie asks, making sure she heard that right.

            "Yes, another one."

            "You don't think that's a little too soon to be wanting another? I mean Kai was an oops as bad as that sounds. We didn't plan on him."

            "The best oops there could have ever been. I want another one as soon as you're ready," Josh says, softly kissing her.