Chapter 60: Asking Permission

"Hey bro," Josh hears his sister Kiley pick up the phone.

            "Have you picked Zach up from mom and dad's hotel room yet?" Josh asks.

            "Yeah, he's taking a nap. Why?"

             "Well, I owe him a sleepover before you guys leave, and he mentioned it to Callie when she picked Kaiser up earlier this morning."

             "Oh, he did, did he?" Kiley giggles.

            "Yeah, you guys aren't leaving till the end of the week, right? Like mom and dad?"

            "Yeah, we're all on the same flight as them," she answers.

            "Well, do you care if come to get him after I get off work? He loves playing with Kaiser, even though that's a mutual thing and it will give him a chance to spend a little more time to hang out with me before you guys fly home."

             "That's perfectly fine. He'll be happy. I'm sure mom wants to kidnap the other kid for the night, so it looks like it's just going to be Corey and I."

             "Spare me the details please," Josh laughs.

            "You never know, niece or nephew number three might be conceived tonight."

             "Wow Kiley, I did not need to know that. I think that's my cue to leave. I'll be by later," Josh shakes his head as he hangs up.

            "Front door open," comes from the security system around seven-thirty that evening as Callie finishes dinner, pulling it out of the oven.

            "Hi Kaiser," Callie hears Zach coo. Kaiser squealing.

             "Hi beautiful," Josh walks in, setting Zach's backpack on the floor and sliding his hand on the small of her back, kissing her softly.

             "Hello," Callie laughs into the kiss.

            "It smells good in here," Josh says, walking over to the fridge. "What's on the menu?"

             "Well since I'm feeding three boys tonight, we are having chicken enchiladas and salad," Callie answers. "Speaking of the third boy, was he excited?"

            "Oh yeah."

            "Zach?" Callie calls.

             "Yeah?" Zach walks in.

             "Dinner is almost ready. Can you go wash up?" Callie asks.

             "Yes ma'am," Zach says, disappearing down the hall and to the bathroom.

              "Ma'am?" Callie smiles, turning to look at Josh.

               "What can I say?" Josh smirks, pushing off the counter and walking to Callie. "Manners run in the family," he smiles, firmly pressing his lips to Callie's forehead before walking out of the kitchen also. Callie retrieving the salad package and dressing and setting them on the counter along with plates, napkins, bowls and silverware.