Chapter 57: Scars Are Sexy Right?

"Babe?" Callie says, holding up her hand and both Josh and Callie seeing blood.

            "What?" he asks, lifting his arm up and noticing the nail marks. "Well, it's usually my back so this is new."

            "I'm so sorry," Callie says, holding her hand up so not to get blood everywhere.

            "Babe, it's fine," he chuckles, leaning down and kissing her softly. Josh climbs out of bed and walks into the bathroom to clean up his arm. Callie watching his naked body walk away. "It's hot when you do that though," he says once rejoining her in the kitchen.

            "Yeah well, I could also give you scars like that," Callie winks.

             Josh sliding his arms around her. "Scars are sexy though right? I mean ladies love scars right?" Josh asks.

             Callie shakes her head chuckling, sliding her arms around his neck. "I love you so much and I can't believe we are getting married."

            "I love you too," he says, kissing her forehead.

            "You know, we did this backward," Callie informs, running her hand through his hair.

             "And why do you say that?" Josh asks.

             "Well, aren't we supposed to get engaged, married, and then have kids?"

             Josh sits up. "Well, I mean, that's normal."

            "Normal is good," Callie smirks. "We did everything ass-backward," she says. "We had Kaiser, which don't get me wrong, I love that little boy, but you're supposed to have kids after you say I do. But instead, we have Kai, and then you finally decide to grow a pair and ask me."

             "Hey, miss sassy pants, I was waiting for the right time," he says.

            "Well, if it's any consolation, I liked the proposal and I wasn't expecting it," Callie smiles. "And incorporating Kaiser was a nice touch."

            "Well, you are Kaiser's mother and even though we quote, 'did it ass-backwards,'" Josh making air quotes, "I felt like he should have been in it because correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure he will be in our special day as well."

             "Yeah," she nods, lightly scratching Josh's chest. "I'm meeting my parents for lunch after I pick Kaiser up from your parents. You have to work right?"

             Josh nods, moving a strand of hair out of Callie's face. "Yeah, or I would have gone with you."

             "Well, I think protecting your country is more important than lunch with your soon to be in-laws," Callie says.

             "The people that used to hate me being my in-laws. It's terrifying to say or think about."

             "Riveting isn't it?"

             "It's something alright," Josh smiles, laying back on the bed beside Callie, running a hand through his hair and looking up at the hotel ceiling.