Chapter 54: Drunken Heathens

The sun begins to set in the distance as the family watches it from the patio, casual conversations all around. Kaiser settled into Callie's lap and completely content but eyes beginning to drift. His pacifier almost hanging out of his mouth.

            "I'll go put him to bed," Josh says, carefully lifting him out of his mother's arms and disappearing inside, leaving Callie next to his brother Matt.

            "He's a pretty good guy and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother," Matt grins.

            "Yeah, he is," Callie agrees, running a hand through her hair and picking up her wine glass.

            "He's pretty ripped too," Matt says, winking at her.

            A laugh escapes from her mouth. "Yeah, I know," she smirks, leaning over to Matt so only he can hear. "I've seen him naked," she winks back, putting the wine glass to her lips and taking in the sweet liquid.

            "Oh, you and I will get along just fine," Matt smirks.

            "How's that?" Callie asks, taking another sip.

            "I can tell, trust me," he answers back.

            "I'll take your word for it," she says, taking another sip and closing her eyes. A few minutes later, Josh reappears, carrying a pitcher of margaritas and some glasses, filling them up.

            "This is why you're my son," his mom smiles. Callie watching the interaction.

             "See, Kaiser isn't the only momma's boy around here," he looks over at Callie, before pouring everyone a drink, handing them out.

            "There's nothing wrong with momma's boys," Josh's mom says.

            "So, guess who texted me asking to see us before we go home?" Callie says once Josh sits down beside her.

            "Who?" he asks, taking a sip of his margarita.

            "My mom."

             "Oh really? What does she want?"

            "I have no idea. I just texted her back and told her we could meet up."

            "Great," Josh says, sliding his arm behind Callie. 

              The family sit around the built-in fire pit on the patio for what seems like hours, the only light coming off the fire. A few margaritas later, Callie notices that Matt and Josh are slowly showing their alcohol tolerance. Her one margarita not holding up to their combined total of ten. The rest of Josh's family already inside, leaving her to tame the drunken heathens. Josh looks over from his lounge chair at Callie, awkwardly winking at her. Matt offering shots.

            "No thanks, I'm good. Someone has to watch you two," she says, finishing the margarita. Matt takes the six shots, three for him and three for his brother, carefully walking over to where Josh is. Callie watches as both grown men throw all three shots back.

            "You're feeling pretty good, aren't you?" she turns her attention to Josh.

            "I feel a tad drunk yes," he says, slurring his words.

            "I think you're more than a bit babe," she says, kissing the back of his hand. Josh leans over and plants a kiss on Callie, kissing her deep. A strong alcohol smell taking over.

            "I'm going inside. You guys have a good night," Matt says, stumbling inside.

            "You look so gone right now," Callie says, laughing at Josh.

             "I want to have sex with you right now," he says.

            "Oh, you do huh?" she asks laughing.

            "Yes, absolutely," he says, reaching over and sliding his hand onto Callie's leg.

             "If I remember correctly, we aren't allowed to sleep in the same room," she says.

             "No, but I have my ways," Josh winks at her, slurring once again.

            Callie rolls her eyes playfully as she stands up and grabs Josh's hand, pulling him up to his feet. Planting a kiss on his cheek, she leads him inside hand in hand. He escorts here to his old room after a few stumbles and trips.

            "This is where you're going to sleep," he says, walking through the door.

              She walks in, looking around and seeing all the old pictures and trophies. "Where are you going to sleep?"

             "In the guest room," he answers. Callie smiles, sliding her hands up his chest and around his neck. "Goodnight gorgeous."

            "I don't want to leave," Callie says, kissing him a few more times.

            "I'll see you first thing in the morning."

            "What's the worse your mom could do to us?" Callie asks, pulling Josh to the bed, kissing him lightly.

             "What's the worst you could to Kaiser one day?" he asks.

            "A few more minutes?"

             "If we do, we will end up doing bad things," he says, kissing her once more. "I really should go."

            "But babe," Callie pouts.

            "I know babe, and it's only a couple days."

            "Okay," she sighs.

            "I'll see you soon," he says, kissing her forehead.

            "I love you."

            "I love you too babe," he smiles, stepping out and shutting the door behind him.