Chapter 43: Kaiser's First Pool Experience

Finding themselves down at the pool after breakfast, Josh is holding the baby in his arms as he walks into the shallow end of the pool. The water just below waist deep to Josh. Josh kneels a little as the water touches his toes. Kaiser not sure about the cold liquid. Callie tosses her towel in their cabana and steps in the pool.

            "He doesn't know what to think," Callie smiles, seeing the look of disgust on Kaiser's face. The water hitting Callie's lower back.

            "No, he doesn't," Josh chuckles.

            "It's okay baby," Callie says. Kaiser making a sour face, on the verge of tears.

            Josh lifts his son higher out of the water. "It's okay buddy. It's just water."

            Kaiser begins to cry. "Babe take him out," Callie commands, watching the two exit the tub. "He'll warm up to it," Callie says, resting her elbows on the edge of the pool as Josh sits down to rock him before walking back over and sitting on the edge of the pool, dangling his legs in the water.

            "It's okay babe," Callie coos to Kaiser, walking over and standing between Josh's legs. She grabs his little feet and starts to kiss them, getting Kaiser to smile.

            "You are one lucky little boy," Josh says. Callie leans up and blows on his belly.

            "Let me have him," Callie asks, holding out her hands.

            Handing the little boy over to his mom with no protest. One arm under his butt and the other holding him closer, she lowers herself to get him a little wet. Looking up at Josh and then back down at Kaiser.

            "He's acting fine now," Callie says as she moves lower. The water covering his little legs and coming up to his hips.

            "Yeah, he's good now."

             "He's a momma's boy," Callie smirks, kissing his little cheek.

            "Yeah, he is. He's a smart kid.

            "Do you want to see daddy?" Callie asks. Josh sliding back into the pool. She moves Kaiser in front of her, handing over the little boy.