Chapter 50: Looking Into the Future

After carefully laying down the fast asleep boy, Josh retrieves the baby monitor and quietly shuts the door behind him. Josh walks down the hallway, joining Callie on the couch.

            "I'm glad you're home and him too," Callie says as Josh takes a seat right beside her.

            "Me too babe."

            "I love you."

            "I love you too," Josh smiles, leaning in and kissing her softly. "I have something for you," he informs, reaching into his pocket.

            "What?"

             "I have your graduation present," he says, showing Callie two skinny pieces of paper.

             "Plane tickets?" Callie questions, taking them out of his hand.

            "Yes, plane tickets."

            "The Caribbean?" she asks, looking at Josh.

            "Yes, the Caribbean," he nods. "My parents could watch Kai."

            "They will? They've never seen him," Callie asks surprised.

            "Yeah, I know, but they said they wanted to."

            "You know I haven't officially met them, right?" Callie says.

            "Well, maybe we should make that happen."

            "Well, I mean you are my baby daddy," Callie laughs.

             "Yes, and you're my baby momma," Josh returns.

            "Oh god. That sounds worse."

            "I think it's quite amazing," he chuckles.

            "That I'm your baby momma?" Callie asks, looking up at Josh. "Out of all the women in the world, I am the one."

            "Yes, out of all the women in the world, you are the one," Josh says, repeating what Callie said.

            Her eyes fall on him as he watches TV. Callie staring at his features. She falls in love with him more each day. Callie appreciating everything that he has done for her and Kaiser and wondering if the next step is in their future. The thought of marriage and more children making her smile. But not sure where Josh is at.