Chapter 53: Meet the Collins

For the first time in years, Callie has stepped on Michigan soil. A lot of nerves overtaking her body. Today the first day she officially meets Josh's family.

            "My parents are picking us up from the airport," Josh informs, kissing the back of Callie's hand.

            "Oh, so I'm meeting them as soon as I get off this plane? Alright," Callie asks, more nerves filling her stomach.

            Josh can't help but chuckle. "You'll be fine," he says, leaning over and kissing her temple.

            Once the plane lands, Callie's nervousness skyrocketing into the oblivion. So many thoughts cloud her mind. "What if they don't like me? What if they don't like my tattoos? My son? Their grandson?" Those questions flooding her mind as she follows Josh to the baggage claim. Kaiser passed out in his carrier. Callie notes Josh's huge smile as her eyes follow his. A few people are standing around as Callie sees an older couple walking closer, Callie assuming to be Josh's parents. But not only is it Josh's parents, but a couple more people standing them with. Among the people is a little boy, holding a sign. "I'm waiting for my Uncle Josh1"

            "Hi," Josh greets, giving all of his family a nice long-awaited hug before pulling away. Sliding his hand on Callie's lower back. "This is Callie, my girlfriend and our son Kaiser," he says, making the introductions.

            "He's so beautiful," Josh's mom gleams, kneeling to the carrier on the floor to get a better look.

            "Thank you," Callie says, finally speaking.

             Josh's mom carefully taking Kaiser out of the carrier, cradling him since he is still asleep. "Joshua Zachary Collins, what the hell is wrong with you? Why didn't you tell me what was going on?" his mother asks. Before Josh is allowed to answer the questions thrown at him, she looks over at Callie. "Hi Callie. It's very nice to meet you."

            "Nice to meet you also," she smiles, some nervousness subsiding. After making introductions, Callie discovering that Josh has four siblings. Kiley, Matt, Lacey and Jordan. The little boy holding the sign is Josh's nephew, Zach.

            They pull up to Josh's parent's house an hour later. Callie and Josh following his family inside. Loud, high-pitched barks taking over the room, little Yorkies running to greet everyone. Kaiser giggles.

             "He likes them," Callie smiles, seeing Kaiser reach for the dogs. Josh nods.

            "While you two already have had a kid together, you still have to sleep in separate rooms while you're here until you get married," Josh's mother says sternly.

            "Yes ma'am," Callie smiles, crossing her arms.

            "Honey, would you like a glass of wine while Josh takes your bags upstairs?"

            "Yes please, thank you."

             Josh's dad takes Kaiser as Callie follows his mom into the kitchen. Once getting a glass, she follows his mom and sits down on a patio chair by the pool with not only his mom, but his three sisters. She listens to everybody talk, getting a feel for his mom and sisters before being pulled into the conversation.

            "So, how did you and my Joshua meet?"

             "We met in high school actually," Callie says.

            "Oh? Did you? He never mentioned you, he—"

            "He was hardly home mom, so of course he never mentioned her," Josh's sister Lacey chimes in.

            "Well yeah, he was constantly in trouble, getting into fights, hanging out with the wrong people. The last straw was when I found pot in his room, even though he claimed he was holding it for a friend. Bullshit," his mom chuckles, taking a sip of her wine. "So, his father and I kicked him out."

            Callie remembering that exact day in the cafeteria when Josh told her. She notices his sisters don't have much to say about the issue. A few minutes pass and Josh steps out, a beer in one hand and a smiling Kaiser in the other.

            "Hey baby," Callie smiles when Kaiser reaches over for her, kissing his fat cheeks than setting him down in her lap. Josh sitting down as well.

              The conversation continuing.