chapter three

Elodie had been preparing for the day, for her to approach James and somehow convince him to go on a date with her

Elodie had been preparing for the day, for her to approach James and somehow convince him to go on a date with her. Since Fred made the deal with him, James had not once been seen with another girl, and it confused them, so it was time for Plan B.

"He won't be able to say no in front of a bunch of people" Elodie tried to reason with Fred who was still very much against the entire deal. He was never going to accept it, but Elodie was not an easy person to argue with.

"What if he does?" Fred hissed

"You wanna take a bet on it he doesn't?" Elodie looked at him firmly," The one thing about being the Nephew of Neville Longbottom, and the son of Harry Potter is that he always goes with the choice that makes him look good. I know he dislikes being well-known because he's related to two war heroes, but the notion is still there"

"Have you been studying him?" Fred said in disbelief

"No" She snorted," That was just the obvious reason, and there is a second one'

He looked at her tilting his head," What's the second?"

"He's never been asked out ever" Elodie smirked," It's always him, and if I mess with that streak, just imagine how much I have this in the bag"

"Don't girls usually like being asked?"

She deadpanned at him," You realize what century we are in right?" He rolled his eyes at her words and didn't bother to comment back," Why do I even try? When I know I'll just be out-witted?"

"You tell me, Weasley, you know that you'll never win, but I guess it's nice you don't give up for once" Elodie stopped walking and stood in front of the Great Hall door," Go ahead of me, and I'll follow in a little after"

He nodded walking in and she waited for a few minutes then entered the hall. She walked in scanning the room for the Potter and spotted him with his cousin's and sister. Fred looked at her for a moment but turned his head as she sent him a glare signalling him to look away.

Her friends at her house waved at her to come over but she just shook her head walking to the Gryffindor table, most of them were casual about it and just decided to ignore it. The reason that being is because many people knew she was best mates with Fred Weasley for a long time, and her going to their table was not even new to them.

She walked over James who was talking but stopped abruptly when Elodie stood across him at the table looking at him plopping her hands on the table," Hey, James go on a date with me this weekend?"

She tried not to laugh at the way his eyes widen as his jaw just dropped. His entire family, with the exception of Fred all, shared the same expression. She stayed there looking at him, waiting for an answer making her sigh.

"I take that as a yes, meet me in front of Honeydukes at 10, don't be late" She stated, leaving without another word. She felt the stares of everyone, but Elodie just ignored it walking with her usual pride as she went to her house table.