chapter nine

When Teddy followed Aviana, he had sworn to Merlin that he was going to lose all his hair

When Teddy followed Aviana, he had sworn to Merlin that he was going to lose all his hair. Aviana was without a doubt a carefree person who to him didn't seem to value caution. He had come to this, as he walked on a stable ground whereas, the female was walking along the side—which was the stone wall blocking anyone from falling to their demise.

Teddy had kept his back straight and wore the caution for her—in his case, was to catch her before she fell to her death. However, he couldn't knock off the concern of how calm she appeared.

Aviana suddenly came to a halt and sat on the wall abruptly, only making Teddy let out a sigh of relief. She chuckled upon hearing his gesture, but despite it, she knew he was far from the anxiety since her other leg was still dangling off the edge.

"Say, Edward—Tell me, something" She started the conversation. The Hufflepuff waited patiently for her to say anything more, in the assumption that she was going to follow up with a question, however, after what felt like minutes, he realized that was all she meant to say.

"What would you like to know?" Teddy asked

Aviana propped one of her knees before her and leaned on it, "Nothing in particular"

"Usually a person who starts a conversation with, 'Tell me, something', means they already have some kind of question prepared"

Aviana chuckled and reached over to him and patting his arm," I can't really argue there, but I'm not one to just have a specific question. Though, I do understand the confusion" She knocked her knuckle on her head," I forget that not everyone can just read the situation as easily as I can"

"What do you mean, read the situation?" Teddy asked her in curiosity

"I call it people watching" The Slytherin stated," All right, I told you something, now—Tell me something about you and be it something not obvious" She added pointing to her head, in reference to his genetic inheritance of being a Metamorphmagi.

"I always carry around chocolate," Teddy said as he dug into his pockets pulling out said object," My father, always said it's a good remedy for when you're feeling out of place—or grown to not being able to bare your growing nerves"

Aviana tilted her head and looking off to the distance," My mother was a former ensued follower of the Dark Lord"

Teddy's eyes widened at her words and felt constriction on his chest. He tried to remove his eyes from her, but something told him that looking away would only make her feel uncomfortable. For a moment he knew this wasn't something she just told anyone, even if many knew, but the issue for him was why did he trust to tell her so easily.

However, instead of asking, he found himself sitting on the wall," My father is a werewolf" It was now Aviana's turn to face him and just like how he felt—she also knew not to look away.

Though, this one little exchange and made her realize that Teddy was different after all. Again, unlike the rest, he didn't do what they all did—and it was to fall rigid and grown precautions to the words she said.

She smiled to him and started to continue and tell him more things—this time, however, both had no longer felt the wall that restricted their words in carefulness.