chapter fourteen

Unquestionably, the air around Teddy and Aviana had been a mix of tense and awkwardness

Unquestionably, the air around Teddy and Aviana had been a mix of tense and awkwardness. While the two had gathered outside from any prying ears, the two still found themselves unsure what to even say.

Aviana was facing her internal struggle of not flustering herself more than she already was, while Teddy—well, he was complicated, to say the least.

Firstly, he was still embarrassed about the whole confession—but oddly, the one thing that kept resurfacing in his mind was the way Aviana looked. It was strangely a new sensation he felt seeing the poised female having a vulnerable side. From having known her the past months, the Slytherin had never shown herself in light of being rattled.

She was always confident and bold.

Consequently, while he was lost in his thoughts, Teddy failed to realize the intense stare he was giving her. It was almost intimidating how the cold air surrounding them was not affecting his gaze.

"Hey, ...you know if you keep staring at me like that, I'll really think that me confessing to you was a bad idea" Aviana declared straightly. However, as she said those words, she eyebrows furrowed at the tight feeling in the pit of her stomach. She revolted the words said and instantly wanted to swallow it back down her throat.

Teddy was taken back as well, also feeling the same tightness and sour taste forming in his mouth. However, instead of overthinking he shook his head profusely not wanting to accept those words," No, Merlin no, Aviana"

Aviana pursed her lips in a slight frown and peered at him in confusion," I...this" She added waving her hands in a sense of confusion," I never felt or let alone done this" She confessed outwardly," Fancy someone to the point of finding myself in a complete mess"

"Surely that is a joke," Teddy said lightly but quickly swallowed his words seeing the look in her eyes that showed hurt.

"My feelings?" She asked while slumping her shoulders

The Hufflepuff had scolded himself in his mind as he realized the mess he was making. He didn't mean to lead his words to doubt Aviana's feelings for him.

"No" He retorted as fast as his mind would let him," Never, I'd never think that—I meant as in..." Teddy lowered his head," I'm the most obstinate and dense person...I just question why someone like you even finds me remotely, likeable"

Aviana felt her shoulders release tension as a smile slowly formed on her face," Edward, there are a lot of things about you that is likeable. If you want, I can name as much as I can"

Teddy's eyes shot open at her words and a forced cough formed in his throat. He tried to not avert his gaze, but Aviana was not making it easy with how bold she was.

"You are enjoying this" Teddy grumbled in a pout as she responded with a chuckle.

"Only with you, Edward Lupin" She added before leaned forward and placing a gentle kiss on his cheek," Don't make me wait too long"

Before he could respond, the female was already making her way back inside. However, before she completely went ahead, she turned and swayed on her feet.

"It's my turn to wait for you, Edward" She concluded