chapter one

Gryffindor-Slytherin

Nova Malfoy had no idea why being in either house were such a big deal-in her case, because she was a Malfoy, it was most expected to be in Slytherin, and she honestly thought as well.

The moment she sat on the stool, and Professor Longbottom placed the hat on her head. She already had her eyes on her supposed future house table. The place that was going to be her second home, and the place that paved her path.

Though, her inner thoughts were full of something else-one the sorting hat had seen.

One deep inside her true desires.

"Gryffindor!" The words shouted from the old enchanted hat had her eyes shoot open wide. She was utterly speechless. She was sure she heard wrong, but the way her twin looked at her said otherwise. She froze in place as she felt a hand placed on her shoulder, turning her head she looked up to the male who was now her head of house.

"Welcome to Gryffindor" He whispered softly and she found her own lips turning up to a small smile. She was shocked, but she was actually happy about not being in Slytherin.

It was Strange.

She just nodded her head and got off the stool, giving one last look to Scorpius who then mirrored her own smile and nodded his head. It was enough for her to know her brother was okay with it. She knew he was going to be in Slytherin without a doubt.

She didn't care if her parents didn't approve of it or anyone for the matter, just her own twin-and she got that blessing

She walked over and sat next to a redhead which she quickly knew was a Weasley right away.

"Hi," The girl said soft-spoken and Nova grinned

"Hello," She nodded but with more confidence.

"Rose-Rose Granger-Weasley"

"Nova Malfoy" She responded back shaking the outstretched hand. It didn't take long for her to be quickly greeted to the rest of her family, and the overwhelming insecurity she once had of being afraid of being a Malfoy was gone in an instance.

The moment she and Scorpius walked through the train, they could already hear the hushed whispers, and she knew what they were saying. It was no secret their grandfather was a former loyal death eater, and their father one unwillingly, so it was normal her and her brother had built a wall around them.

She turned her head the moment the family she just met all heard the name, Albus Potter. It was silent for a moment when the hat finally spoke.

"Slytherin!"

Her eyes widened hearing what it said making her look at the male. It was like he felt her eyes and turned to her; she didn't think much of it assuming he was looking at his family.

She could already hear the hushed whispers, and she felt her jaw tighten. Nova didn't know what overcame her when she turned her head to her housemates that Albus' family was glaring at also having heard what they said.

She placed her hands on the table-a little louder than she expected but she didn't care when they turned to her.

"Why don't the whole lot of you piss off and mind your own business?" They all turned quiet and the infamous family all had their jaws drop at her sudden words.

"Excuse me?" One of them scoffed and she huffed.

"Are you daft?" Nova chuckled," If you have a problem with another person's business, write it on a paper, fold it and stick it up your arse"

Those words had the family laughing and the male turning bright red.

"I like you!" Fred who was across her said patting her shoulder and James who was sat next to her nodded," And ten points go to Nova Malfoy"

She chuckled and found her chest turning warm-she turned to her brother who seemed to be talking to an energetic girl who she remembered to be Naya Thomas-Finnigan, who she met at Diagon Alley a few weeks back.

She found herself smiling knowing her brother was going to be okay-and that's all that mattered.