chapter four

Nova who had just finished her final class of the day had found herself walking towards the direction she knew she'd find the second oldest of the Potter children

Nova who had just finished her final class of the day had found herself walking towards the direction she knew she'd find the second oldest of the Potter children. It was almost a daily routine, for her to seek him out, and he was used to being approached by her.

After all, Albus was not much of a talker anyway and she knew better to say otherwise.

"And here comes my other half" Scorpius nudged his best mate with his elbow, though he didn't have to look up because he just knew-that his twin was near.

Albus looked up and smiled lightly seeing the female Gryffindor head their way. She sent him a wave and he responded with the bob of his head.

The two shared the usual one word of greeting making Scorpius roll his eyes," You know, I'd really hoped you two had moved past monosyllables."

"Did you really just quote a Disney film?" Nova shot back having a smirk plastered on her lips, for a moment Scorpius just gave her a blank look letting Albus slowly recoil away, having experienced the bickering between the twin's way too often.

However, instead of the argument, he was expecting, the two both laughed in sync. It had only confused him for a moment, but then he considered that the summer had been different for the pair.

The bond the Malfoy twins had was now solidified into and indestructible.

"Anyways, how are my favourite Slytherins doing on this fine day?" Nova sat just adjacent from Albus on the ground, who in return held back his nervousness from being so close to her.

"Favorite? more like only ones that can tolerate your personality?" Scorpius mumbled under his breath keeping his tone sardonic.

"It's not my fault, that people can't handle my personality. I say what I need to and people got to take what they can. I'm not walking around sugarcoating anything, what's the point?"

Albus lowered his book and peeked at her," Well, I guess some people prefer to not know the cold hard truth"

Nova shrugged her shoulder and leaned on her palm," I guess that's true-which is why you're here" She whispered the last part only for the Potter's ears. A smile formed on Albus' face for a second before he returned back to his reading.

"Anyways, how's that admirer of yours been, sis?" Scorpius spoke up

His sister rolled her eyes and brought her knees to her face, she mumbled incoherent words-which the two had somewhat understood. Both of the males shared a look of pity for the female not knowing how to actually be helpful.

Nova then lifted her head and leaned her chin on her knee's, "You know, he isn't so bad-it's just, I'm not sure If he and I are compatible"

The female Malfoy's words had caused an uneasy stir within Albus' chest. He didn't need to hear something like that, especially from the girl he fancied for a long time.

On the other hand, Nova had deliberately said those words, hoping for a reaction for Albus, completely failing to realize her choice of attempting to make him jealous-only destroyed the small part of confidence he had been building for a while now.

Scorpius had felt the urge to smack his sister with his book, knowing exactly what she was doing, but he knew it was the part of her that she picked up from their father.

Tenacious and egotistical, but also completely oblivious to their actions that upset others.