chapter thirteen

Teddy had never given himself enough credit—However, it was not one he should be proud of, but his plan on avoiding Aviana had been successful

Though, despite making it home to thinking he had it off—fate—or his best mates had other plans. While the two would have respected the distancing Teddy had on Aviana, they felt it was not fair for the female at all.

So, it came to this when Teddy arrived at the Weasley's for the annual Christmas gathering. He was caught completely off guard seeing her in the mix of their family gathered.

"Teddy bear!! Your girlfriend is here!" The ecstatic and hyper voice of his god-sister filled his ears along with the following action of her tackling him to the floor. It took him a few seconds to snap out of his daze on Aviana and for the words that Lily had said to sit in. When it did, the colour of pink decided to make itself known on his full head of hair.

Fortunately, no one heard what Lily said—but the colour did have some of them stare in question. Though, it didn't last for long as they went back to conversating with their groups.

Teddy, on the other hand, had tried to evade the awkwardness that the little red-head and decided to welcome into his arms.

"Lil, she is not...my girlfriend" Teddy whispered under his breath.

"Really? Sky and Vicky said so" She replied back in confusion tilting her head.

He had sighed in defeat knowing not to argue with the young child that'd take his words and twist it around. Despite being only four years old, she definitely carried the mischievous traits from her grandfather.

"Do me a favour and never believe what those two say?" Teddy said pointing to the direction that he last saw them. However, when the last word did leave his lips, he felt a chill down his spine.

For a moment, he thought he was just over-reacting, but with Lily looking over his shoulder and snickering, he knew he was in for it.

"Well, I guess we should reconsider our friendship, don't you think, Vic?" Skylar said to the blonde Weasley while crossing his arms.

"I agree, however, we should leave this to dear Aviana, don't you think, Skylar" Victoire mimicked him, which had Teddy slowly turn to the pair. He unknowingly gulped at the look each of them had been wearing and he had no place to plan an escape—especially since the mentioned female was already heading their direction.

It was a moment exchange of locked eyes for them, that the three he was accompanied by had miraculously vanished from his sight.

When Aviana reached him, she knelt down and smiled at him softly," I didn't expect for me to play a game a tag with you, Edward Lupin—but I finally caught you"

Teddy couldn't help but chuckle at her words, despite his obvious avoiding. It was one thing he found absolutely lovable about the Slytherin female, regardless of what he has done.

"I think its best if we have that long-awaited proper talk"

Aviana tilted her head for a moment to his words, considering that she completely forgot for a moment about her bold and sudden love confession.

When it hit her, she didn't realize that her cheeks started to showcase a beautiful shade of red—one that Teddy didn't go unnoticed by.