epilogue

James was a mess on his wedding day

James was a mess on his wedding day. He kept misplacing his shoes, nearly tore his dress robes countless times—it was just something expected.

His family did not bother helping him, enjoying every bit of him being panicked and nervous.

When it came to Elodie walking down the aisle, he somehow found a way of embarrassing himself entirely. It had become the talk within the family during holidays, and it lived on for many years. James always found himself humiliated, but Elodie found it nostalgic.

James had continued quidditch and became a professional, though it only lasted for 5 years until he left the sport becoming an Auror. As for Elodie, she had trained under James' uncle Bill to become a curse-breaker. She struggled for the first couple of years, but James was her biggest supporter through the trial.

It didn't take long for James to end up getting Elodie pregnant, which his grandparents teased him about being just like his dad. During her pregnancy, Elodie was a handful, though James was probably worse continuously doting and clinging to her.

"James Sirius Potter!" Elodie yelled through the cluttered hallway," I leave for half a day, and you managed to make the house a right mess!"

James poked his head out one of the rooms of their home," What makes you think I made the mess?"

She folded her arms cocking an eyebrow," Right, so our barely year-old son made the mess?" She challenged.

He smiled sheepishly," I love you"

She rolled her eyes shaking her head," Do I want to know why it's a mess?"

"No?" He said slowly, she heard a bark making him freeze and curse under his breath.

"James, if I walk down this hall, will I see something I shouldn't?"

"You look so damn beautiful" He quickly but the door he had half-close opened to a white dog covered in soap suds. She knelt down to the dog that stood before her," All right, Mister, bark once if I should scold James or bark twice if I let him go?"

The dog just barked once making James looked at him in betrayal," Snow!"

"Oh, he already has a name?" Elodie sang, she watched her husband gulp as she huffed turning away from the dog back to him," Unbelievable James, this is the fourth animal this month, should we start a Zoo?"

"It would be fun" He grinned making her shake her head," You are so lucky I love you so much"

"I love you very much too, Darling" He responded making her chuckle

"Make sure to clean the mess, our parents are going to be arriving tonight"

He gaped at her," Merlin, that was tonight?!"

"Yes, and you know how our mothers are with mess, so" She clapped her hands," Chop-Chop" He pursed his lips as she snickered," Come on Love, the faster you clean, the more we can have spare time to cuddle" She chuckled watching him quickly get to work.