chapter two

Just within the three years of being in Hogwarts; the Malfoy twins had to deal with being constantly bullied as Voldemort's children

Though, they knew this specific year, it will not help their grieving when they lost their mother to a family blood curse she had during the end of the previous year.

There was a 50% chance that Nova could inherit the curse according to her auntie Daphne and Grandparents but none of them could truly know until she got older.

So, Nova was left to just think of her possible short life.

When returning to school for their fourth year, the twins had no tolerance for the bullying of being called Voldemort's kids. They had just lost their mother, and the last they needed was to be patronized for awful rumours that had put their mother to shame.

The pair of them were both sat in the compartment across from each other looking out the window waiting as the scenery goes by and their second home reaches closer. They just wanted to stay home with their father.

Nova and Scorpius both did not turn when they heard the compartment door slid open, knowing it was Albus, Naya and Rose.

Nova tried not to laugh at her brother seeing his face turn red at the Weasley that sat next to her.

"Hey Nova," Rose said gently making her turn her head," Rose" She nodded

The two of them had been best mates since the first day of school, and often she and her brother would spend some days at either her house or the Potters. At first, there was trouble with some of the family about them being friends with the Malfoy's, but it was slowly adjusted within time.

Sure, it was unfair for the kids, but their parents had a history with each other, that it was only natural they'd act that way.

Albus and Naya were already in a conversation with her brother who she had found herself constantly peeking over in habit. Her brother, on the other hand, had his eyes trailing to his long-time crush, who was oblivious to the stares.

She would have gladly been a matchmaker for the pair, but she knew Rose had fancied someone else, and her brother did not have a chance as much as she hated thinking that.

Instead, she found her eyes on Naya; she was definitely the one she'd see her brother hopefully end up with and not some stuck up and snobby rich girl that her grandfather would try to set him up with.

Rose turned her head at the compartment window and snickered elbowing Nova," He's here again" The blonde turned her head and let out a sigh seeing Tobias Nott-her not so secret admirer.

The other three in the compartment fell out of their conversation to them. Her brother is the one to speak," And who is he?"

Nova let out a groan while huffing," Tobias Nott" She started

Naya covered her mouth from a laugh that formed," Is he" She snorted as Rose nodded her head," He does-and it's intense"

"Oh my" Naya giggled making Nova cover her face with her hands

The males had no idea what the girls were talking about at all, and we're left confused. Well more-so mainly Scorpius-Albus was aware.

"Don't bother asking" She grumbled looking at her twin and then slowly at Albus who she kind of hoped to have an idea of the situation. She wanted him to have a reaction-but to her she assumed the Potter was just as confused making her frown behind her hand.

The compartment door slid open and Tobias poked his head inside," Nova my darling starlight, it's so good to see you"

"And it starts" Rose mumbled under her breath with Nova putting on her usual fake smile

"Hello Nott" She clasped her hands feeling it twitch in annoyance but held back not wanting to be rude. It was what her mother taught her-her mum.

Scorpius saw the glisten in her eye making his jaw tightened in defence. She didn't have to say anything because he knew what was filling her thoughts.

"Hey Al, can you and my sister get some things from the trolley?" He spoke up making her look at him along with Albus. They took a moment to realize what he was doing making them both quickly stand up nodding.

Nova unconsciously wrapped her arm around Albus' own as they both stepped out in tow. Once they were out of Tobias' hearing range, she took he chance to speak," Scorp always seems to know when to save my arse"

"Why don't you just tell him you're not interested?" The Potter asked making her stop walking and look up to him in shock that she was wrong; and he did know what was going on.

Then again, she didn't give him enough credit, assuming he was as dense as her brother.

"My-" She took a gulp," My Mum told me to never put my anger on someone who doesn't deserve it"

Albus winced at her words, knowing about the Malfoy's recent loss," Just let him down gently"

"I'm not my brother Potter" She spat in irritation," I don't know the first thing about being gentle"

"Then let me teach you" Albus blurted out making the Malfoy look at him

"Pardon?" She gaped

"Let me teach you how to let him down" He explained and she let out a laugh

"Okay, if you really think you can help me"

"I don't think-I know" He smiled sending a wink walking ahead of her, making her weak to her knees.

It was only the moment that the realization hit her. She was going to spend time with Albus, who she just recently developed a crush on.