chapter twelve

When Louis has suddenly flabbergasted the three of them at his unexpected point of recognition, Fred and Roxanne couldn't really help but agree with how the family had not really put much effort in James' behaviour

When Louis has suddenly flabbergasted the three of them at his unexpected point of recognition, Fred and Roxanne couldn't really help but agree with how the family had not really put much effort in James' behaviour. Even if Fred pointed out his actions, to even have made a deal that hardly mattered, did he actually consider the entire situation?

Probably not—he's just only walked around the surface.

Though Louis had a good dispute, the one thing he failed to point out was that probably the reason why James was not the perfect Potter everyone expected him to be.

He was insecure.

He was not Albus or Lily who have come to easily accepting the given fame, along with his family. All of them were known as the children of the War Heroes, but James never felt it as a blessing.

The fame. The expectations. The moulded image.

He felt pressured.

However, regardless of that being partly the reason for his actions, Louis still might have had his point.

James did not learn his lesson and he wouldn't until he actually perhaps understood and possibly felt the sense of the reality that emotions were not something that he should have ever played with because of his uncertainty.

"Ellie!" Elodie nearly tumbled to the floor before her.

"Zabini! What is wrong with you?!" She turned her head quickly narrowing her gaze at the male.

"You missed it" Blake grinned

"Missed what exactly?"

"Louis totally blew up on James in the Great Hall—"

"What?! As in Weasley?!" She had pushing his arm off her facing him," You are joking right?" She let out a scoff unamused

"No way" He shook his head smirking," It was Bloody hilarious, he went all 'You never learned from your mistake's blah blah, I only heard part of it—but I know as much that James got the lecture of a lifetime"

"Blake—" Elodie let out a sigh running a palm on her face," You know, when you tell me something, I prefer hearing what exactly happened, and not just parts of it"

"Well" He dragged his words," I did hear the important part, but I'm not so sure if you deserve to hear it since you are being all grumpy"

"And I remind myself what I ever found attractive about you" She questioned herself

Blake rolled his eyes at her words "Honey, I am freaken amazing, that is why"

"Right, so what is it?" She started," What is this important part you claim to know?"

"Apparently someone put a charm on you"

"Excuse me?"

"Someone—went all bibbidi-bobbidi-boo on your arse," Blake said dramatically

Elodie scrunched her nose "Don't tell me you just quoted Cinderella"

"I did, and I blame my Mum for making me watch it throughout my childhood, anyways—apparently that day you saw James kissing someone, it was all just—"

"A spell" Elodie mumbled

"Precisely, meaning James done nothing wrong" Blake sang annoyingly making her groan trying to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" He asked following her

"Away from you"

"Ha Ha very funny, no really where are you going?"

"To speak with James"

"That easily?" He smirked at her

"No, I just need to—" She stopped walking pursing her lips

He chuckled patting her back, you have no idea what you even want to say to him huh?"

"Can you explain to me again, what was it that Louis lectured him about?"

"That he didn't learn his lesson, with playing with all those girls just because he stopped"

Elodie bowed her head letting out a long dramatic sigh," Did he?"

"Lecture him ye—"

"No, did James really learn anything?" She turned her head to him

"I don't know, and to be fair, Louis probably doesn't either, maybe he had some point in it all, but did you consider James' side?" Blake commented," Has anyone ever really asked him why he did all of that in the first place?"

"I guess not" Elodie shook her head," And—I am one of those people who never even thought to..."

"Then be the first" Blake clapped his hand," Talk to him, and ask him"