chapter five

James had never thought spending his day with Elodie would turn out to be one of the most enjoyable days since coming to Hogwarts and that is saying a lot of the eldest Potter, who had experienced a lot of things just because of his last name

During the end of the so-called date, he had not once ever thought he would want a second one, but when he brought it up Elodie rejected it. He was sure she also enjoyed it but from her clear rejection, and leaving him without another word once they arrived back to school had him on the edge of his seat.

It was not the rejection that had him uneasy, it was thinking of how she did not enjoy his company as he did with her.

Elodie, on the other hand, knew exactly what she had done because it was part of her plan. She couldn't lie and say that the date was not entertaining, because she did genuinely enjoy his company which had her slightly exasperated about it, but her pride was getting the better of her so she wanted to play cat and mouse.

"Elodie why is my brother acting like a bloody git and asking everyone for you?" said girl looked up from her book, and smiled at Albus.

" Hello my second favourite Potter, and to answer your question, It's a little secret"

"Please don't tell me you are another one of his fans" Albus scrunched his nose," And what do you mean second favourite?"

"Is that a jest Albus?" She chuckled lowering her book leaning on her hand that was plopped on the armchair," Obviously Lily is first"

"Oh, well then I don't mind—just as long as it isn't James"

"Also, no I am not one of his fans, by the way, you know as much as the next person I don't find him attractive or the least bit fascinating as almost every girl does"

"Right, so the date was just for fun?" Albus asked

"Well technically yes, but it was not for enjoyment—Let's call it a social experiment"

Albus sighed sitting on the couch "That's a risky thing you are doing, does it have to do with the whole Fred and James deal?"

"In a sense yes, but only because I want to avoid any girl from ending up getting in the mess. Fred didn't actually think James was going to accept it in the first place"

Albus leaned back on the couch tilted his head "Why do you feel like it's your problem to deal with it then?"

"Think of it like this Albus, what would have happened if the girl was Nova?"

"I'll be angry obviousl—Oh, well yeah okay I see your point. But did you think about what happens if you end up actually fancying my brother?"

"Why do you and Fred assume that will happen?" Elodie huffed offended

"It's always a possibility, and I know my brother can seem heartless, but even I know that someone like you Elodie, is hard to actually want to hurt"

"I'm not fragile to let something that simple hurt me, Albus"

"It's just a fair warning since I am in between, I want you to think about this carefully. For both of your sakes" Albus got up from the couch," I'll tell you now, that it will not end well"