chapter twelve

When Aviana confessed to Teddy out of the blue—she did not expect the Hufflepuff's hair to turn bright pink and run off

When Aviana confessed to Teddy out of the blue—she did not expect the Hufflepuff's hair to turn bright pink and run off. When the bystanders watched the now pink-haired male make his way through the corridors in light speed, no one had any idea what happened.

Aviana, on the other hand, took it as she did and instead of getting down in the dumps, that many would result from the reaction. She ran after the flustered male, which yet again was to the Hufflepuff's surprise.

The duo both kept surprising each other this fine day and everyone that were doing their own, all had been left in amusement or for the better way of explaining, utterly entertained.

After all, it's not every day you see a Slytherin chasing a Hufflepuff as her life depended on it.

The events turned for the worse when the pair both stumbled upon the path of the ones and only Filch and his lovely partner Mrs Norris.

The caretaker was already up at his wits with having his usual banter with the infamous Impish Poltergeist Peeves and now his day only gotten better with the two fifth years that stumbled upon his path.

When Aviana stopped in her tracks just a few feet behind Teddy—the pair both paralleled the same gesture of recoiling back from the intense stare the caretaker had on them.

Neither of them had expected their very unusual and eventful day ending up with detention. For each of them, it was both of their first-time serving detention throughout all their years in Hogwarts.

So, it was absolute hell for them—considering that, firstly, they got caught by none other than Filch which is probably the worse person to get detention by in the first place.

The two had expected cleaning cauldrons and goblets, but it was unfortunate for them that they had the worse punishment and it was none other than cleaning half of the windows of the school.

When their night came to an end, Aviana had not been able to approach the Hufflepuff since he had to head for patrol the moment he was done with his punishment.

However, despite being able to avoid the encounter, he knew better to think it was over. Now the issue for him as if he wanted to keep trying his best on avoiding her or if he was going to properly discuss what happened.

"I've come to fancy you; Teddy and I mean it as more than just a friendship."

When Teddy replayed the memory in his head, he just knew his hair was betraying him at the moment. Unknowing to his growing nerves, he had been gnawing at a piece of chocolate that just like his father always carried around.

He was stuck in a conundrum of not knowing if this was another one of Aviana's joy of entertainment or if she was serious.

The female was still an enigma to him and the idea of romance had never crossed his mind. Though he couldn't deny that there was something growing within him whenever she was around. However, he had yet to confront it, so he was left yet again unsure how to even comprehend what he should do.

He needed advice and while he would usually turn to Skylar or Victorie—he couldn't think of finding the solution with them, especially since they were having their own trouble of confronting their own feelings for each other.

So, fortunate for him—the holidays were just around the corner and it meant he had his family to turn to.

Now that, he had come to that conclusion—it was the unfortunate choice of having to avoid Aviana for the next couple of weeks. One he was not looking forward to—specifically since she was always finding him easily.