chapter ten

Elodie hated being confused and not knowing what the Wotter Clan had kept from her

Elodie hated being confused and not knowing what the Wotter Clan had kept from her. She tried to get the answer from each and every one of them, but all of them would say the same thing 'You have to figure it out yourself, Elodie'

She knew the family was not playing a game with her, knowing the biggest thing they all shared was honesty—so she couldn't feel angry—but she could feel upset. Fred hated the idea of seeing her struggle, but he knew it was not his place just to tell her everything, it was merely not his right to just put his cousin on the spot.

Eventually, Elodie had come to understand that if she wanted answers, she'd have to find it herself and not expect for it to be given to her easily. One thing for sure was that Elodie was not unfamiliar with the sense of romance. She had her own experience of being in a relationship , but when it came to defining the feeling from someone else without prior knowledge, she was a complete amateur.

The entire deal Fred had with James had long been over, and Elodie took the wrong turn, at the wrong time—seeing a sight that she thought she'd possibly never have to see again.

James snogging some random girl—once again, back to his old ways. Elodie just stared for a moment and turned away finally processing what she had just seen. She had run into this sight countless times before, but after actually getting to know James—for who he was behind the whole 'Playboy' persona, she had a different view of him, and now actually seeing it again—she had to admit it hurt.

It had a Spite in her heart, one that she instantly came to understand what it meant.

She was slowly falling for him, and all it took was seeing James kissing another girl, to finally answer the weight she had felt on her chest, and the small flutters whenever she was around him.

A few days since the incident, she had ended up finding herself crying whenever she was alone.

"Hey, Ellie are you okay?" Elodie cursed under her breath wiping her tear-stained face, trying her best to use her book as a barrier, but failed miserably as it fell on the table.

She turned up seeing Blake Zabini—who was her ex-lover. The pair of them had not essentially broken up in bad terms and were actually good friends after it all.

"Blake" She mumbled giving up from trying to hide the fact that she was a sobbing mess.

"Now—" He placed his hands on the table she was sat at," Who do I have to kill?"

Despite having just cried, Elodie found herself softly chuckling at his words," Why must you assume it was someone?"

He huffed offended at her question," I've dated you for an entire year Elodie, I think it's safe to say I know that this crying right here, is not something simple"

She rolled her puffy eyes and sniffled her stuffed nose," You don't need to kill anyone Blake" He stared at her for a moment letting out a sigh," Do you want to talk about it?"

She frowned at his words letting out a groan in defeat," Why do I not have the ability to say no to you?"

"Because I may have been a pretty shitty lover, but I am a bloody hell, good listener," Blake said confidently making a smile appear on her face," You weren't a shitty lover"

He smirked cockily," I know just trying to get you to compliment me" he winked making her just shake her head," And there it is—the ever so smug and egotistical Blake Zabini I know"

"I can't help it that I am beautiful and amazing Ellie" He stated assuredly," Now," He took the chair in front of him dragging it across the table placing it next to her," Tell me everything"

"You couldn't just sit over there?" She tilted her head as she furrowed her brows

"Nah, what is the point of sitting like I'm interrogating you. I think this closeness, makes it all the better" She just stared at him for a moment and gave up trying to think of a wise remark, knowing full well that it would just go on forever.

It was probably the one reason they decided to end their relationship—they were too competitive with each other.