chapter twelve

When Albus had learned on where Nova was, it was only natural he'd blame himself

When Albus had learned on where Nova was, it was only natural he'd blame himself. The first thing on his mind was considering that he still didn't regret saying those words, despite it was out of jealousy.

When he saw Nova, speak with Tobias towards the end of the year prior—he assumed the worst. It was why Albus hated that part of his emotions.

It was a strange part of him, that he never had the control of—one that he had no idea his father had also had. It was the impulse that had no switch—and he knew that Nova was the one who easily triggered it. But it was not a bad thing at all, it just meant that Albus was not afraid of showing that part of him to her.

And he knew that which is why he had no regrets of what he said, because if no one did—Nova would have made the decision on learning to love herself. Nova would have continued to let her ego take over her life.

It was their final step—it was their final lesson.

During the next couple of years, both of them had seen the change. Albus had no longer let people push him over and he learned to say no. Saying no and not feeling bad about it after.

When those restraints had been lifted off him, Albus realized how much he was truly grateful for Nova. While her egotistical remarks bothered him, it had given him the confidence.

With Nova, she realized that being nice was not a sign of weakness. Showing her emotions, especially her pain was what allowed her heavy heart to heal.

When those restraints had been lifted off her, Nova realized how much she was truly grateful for Albus. While his timid and stoic comments bothered her, it had given her the strength.

The pair had been very much the complete opposites, but they also filled the part of each other that no one possibly could have. When it came to their final year, Nova had decided she was ready—and so she set back to returning to Hogwarts.

However, she had wanted it to be a new chapter—a new beginning.

When arriving at the train with her brother and father, Nova had not been nervous. She had not been scared.

When she saw him, her heart fluttered like the first time she realized her feelings; however, this time she understood it without hesitation. Approaching him in his blind spot, she tapped his shoulder gently, when he turned, instead of reacting in surprise—Albus smiled at her.

"Hey," Both said in complete synchronization, both ending with a laugh and lastly, both completely whole again.

When the two chose to sit in the same compartment with just each other, they had immediately started off talking about the past couple of years.

Nova could see the growth of his Confidence; he was no longer being careful on how to act. The one thing, that Albus had done almost all the time, was speaking slow and keeping vague to avoid getting into complications. He was no longer afraid and held his ground.

As for Albus, he saw the side of Nova that he only has seen glimpses of. Nova was always hiding her gentle and soft emotions, afraid of it being an opening to her flaws. He could see the smile of a woman who was not afraid to show her weakness with pride.

A little after the pair had a moment with each other, they joined the others and everything was finally setting back to place.