chapter eleven

"Hey

"Hey...Fred?" Roxanne called out to her brother, who was currently eating. He turned up to her voice," What?"

"I'm not trying to uh—be all meddlesome, but you asked Al the other day why Elodie was—well distant...I think I know why" She said slowly making James who was just pushing his food around his plate freeze. He just like Fred had been curious to Elodie suddenly not hanging out with them as much lately.

Fred lowered his utensil making him connect his lips for a moment. He never fancied the idea of ever having to hear information about his own best mate, feeling as if it was entirely inappropriate to their friendship.

"I don't know Rox...I know I asked Al and all, but it was mainly because I wanted to know if she's been okay. I'm not comfortable hearing what you know unless it comes from her directly" Fred explained

James placed his hands on the table," Well, I'm not Fred, so what is it you know?" He turned to his cousin

Roxanne discreetly looked at her brother who pursed his lips," James—"

"No, I'm not about your morals Fred, she is my friend as well, and if someone knows something, I'd take the chance, if it meant getting answers" James stated

Louis who was actually sitting with them for once folded his arms," I'm not sure James—You know, I heard from a certain housemate of mine that the reason for Elodie's not being around, is because she saw you and some girl snogging"

James eyes widened at his words while Fred snapped his head to him," What?!"

"Hold on!" Roxanne also had her head turn to him," I thought you fancied Elodie?! Why were you—What in Merlin's name, James?!"

"Wait—" James raised his hands," Hold on! I did no such thing!"

"I suspected that to be the case" Louis dipped his head," Someone used a charm, to make it seem like Elodie was seeing James snogging someone"

"What?!" Fred and Roxanne turned to the Ravenclaw Weasley

"So, I been set up?" James asked slowly

Louis bobbed his head "It's a common thing that people do, to others they find as a threat" he clarified," My housemate, Seo, she is an expert in charms, more so better than me actually. She was there, on both incidences, the day Elodie looked like she was staring hurt at nothing, and the other with—"

"Blake?" Roxanne asked making him look at her," Yes, she was in the library when the pair of them talked"

"Blake?" Fred repeated," As in Blake Zabini?"

"Yeah" Roxanne answered

"Who is Blake exactly?" James questioned

"Her Ex-Boyfriend" All of them answered together, making him gape

"With the look on your face, it tells me you never heard about him," Louis said in amusement

James scowled at him," No, I have not"

"Well, can't blame you, since you probably had your tongue down some random girls throat" Fred and Roxanne both looked at Louis' for his comment.

"Louis" Fred warned him, but James was already standing up about to pounce at the Ravenclaw, but Roxanne grabbed his arm," James don't!"

"You piece of—"

Louis just smirked at him," I'm just telling like it is James"

"Louis enough!" Fred scolded him but Louis sent him a glare," No—I am sick and tired of everyone in the family acting like what he did was not something to be brought up! You have no idea how hard it is for me having to deal with being quarter Veela!"

The three all froze to his sudden outburst and confession. Louis gritted his teeth, not caring if he was attracting attention," People say it's a blessing, but no—it's a Bloody curse, because it just makes it hard for us to actually believe in love" He turned his head to James," You have no idea, how painful it is James, you might have stopped, but have you really considered your actions!? Have you actually learned from it?"

James kept silent to his question making Louis laugh," Of course you didn't" He didn't even wait for a response back since he left the table, in fact, none of them could say anything for the matter.