chapter eight

"I don't see why you're so tenacious Fred, she obviously fancies you" Elodie nudged him with her foot, both of them currently in the Gryffindor common room

"Right, so her constantly mocking me is a sign of affection?" He looked at her raising an eyebrow

She let out a breathy sigh looking up from her book, "It's elementary Fred, it is common that the girl or guy bullies the one they fancy"

"I still don't see it, I get it—but for her? No"

"Whatever you say" She mumbled going back to her book, that was snatched out of her hand," For the love of—" She looked up to the person on the side of the couch dangling her book.

"Why are you both just sitting in here, reading books when the sun is out?" James looked at them both making Fred confused," Uh—"

"Because Fred and I are lazy arse's, and it's a Sunday, that just screams relaxation" Elodie leaned back on the couch not bothering to reach for her book.

Fred looked at each of them back and forth as he made a face," Since when did you two start—Uh I guess stop avoiding each other?"

Elodie yawned looked at James," When was that again?"

He rolled his eyes leaning on the couch," About a week ago, and it was her avoiding me by the way, but besides that point" He reached over ruffling her hair," Why don't we go outside and do something?"

Elodie gave him a look as she narrowed her gaze "You can't remove me from this couch, even if your life depended on it, so don't bother"

Fred couldn't speak since the scene before him, was just too overwhelming to take in. From the start of him and Elodie becoming mates, she and James always buttheads. Seeing them talk casually is something he never thought to ever see, and always assumed they'd never get along.

He cared about each of them, but something inside of him did not like the sight of them being friends, because it could lead to something more, and he'd hate if either of them got hurt.

"You wanna bet on that?" A mischievous glint appeared in James' eyes, completely taking her by surprise as he lifted her over his shoulder. She did not have enough time to react, the moment he ran out carrying her

"Fred!!!" was all could be heard from her cries of help, making said male sigh getting up from the couch following after them, not being able to fight the smile. He decided to push away the negative thoughts focusing on thinking of the positive outcome of this friendship.

"James throw her in the lake!" He shouted running after them, he snickered at the look of betrayal she gave him, but in the inside, she was the exact opposite of it.