chapter fifteen

Getting married a few months after graduating seemed to be a tradition for the Potters

Getting married a few months after graduating seemed to be a tradition for the Potters. There was no set idea for it, but just something each of the members done unknowingly.

Albus was not an exception, because the moment he and Nova graduated—he already wanted to marry her. He just wanted a reason to brag about his wife without being the person who seems overly obsessed with his girlfriend.

Though, his family knew that was not the real reason. Albus was just so in love with the Malfoy that he was already set on spending the rest of his long life with her.

Nevertheless, it was not just him, it was the same with Nova, but her reason had something forbidding. Something she even had yet to explain to Albus, on her possible fate. No one, except for the Malfoy's and Greengrass had known of what happened to Astoria.

Until Nova was in her mid-twenties, she would be able to know if she had the blood curse that forsaken the selected females in her family. However, she knew she'd have to tell Albus especially when they would eventually plan a future with kids.

So, the prolonging of the conversation had been the worst for Nova because when Albus had gotten down on his knees and asked her to marry him, he was not expecting her to run away. Though, instead of staying in place and watching her run away, he had chased after her.

When he finally caught up to her, Nova was found sat on a bench with her hands on her face letting the dread in her heart form into tears. Albus had discreetly taken the chance to sit next to her and lean his arms on his knees.

"I can't marry you, Albus" Nova lowered her hands ignoring her stained cheeks

"For what reason? Albus continued to look at the ground that was slowly being covered in a blanket of falling snow.

"Al...I—" Her voice cracked as she lowered her head," I haven't told you something and Merlin forbid I should have ages ago"

Albus turned to look up at her and gave a small smile," I know" Nova peered at him in shock and gaped at him

"You...know?" He nodded and reached over clasping their hands making her face him.

"You do realize before I had to ask to marry you, I needed to get permission? Scorp and your dad both gave me a hard time?"

Nova chuckled visualizing what they might have put him through. Her dad was probably the terror and her brother playing along in amusement, but when her smile fell remembering what the topic was about "And so...they told you?"

"Scorpius let it slip"

Nova sniffled as she shook her head mumbling, "Of course it was him"

"I was a little hurt you never told me, but I realized how much it might have troubled you" Albus raised his hands to her cheeks and leaned his forehead on her own," And I really don't think me knowing or not would have changed anything, because Nova I love you so much. I love you more than anything and I want to marry you despite the possibility of the curse"

Nova closed her eyes and let a breath escape her dry lips," Even if there is a chance, I wouldn't be able to live beside you for a long time?"

"Even if" Albus mumbled caressing her cheek with his thumb

"Did Scorp or Dad tell you the risk...if we..."

"Plan to have kids? Yes, they told me everything" Albus finished her sentence as he raised her chin to make her look at him," It's a struggle...to know the risk of us having kids...and what it'll do"

"You know I'll choose kids over myself, right?"

Albus only reacted with half of a smile as he nodded his head," Yeah...I know, but my love, this isn't about what-ifs or maybe's. I want to marry you, regardless of what the future has planned for us"

Nova's eyes glistened as he bit her lip, for a moment she thought about how hard it would be...but she remembered that the time now was more important.

"Yes," She whispered making Albus looked at her for a moment, almost forgetting what she was even answering for.

"What?" His voice cracked as Nova leaned forward kissing him roughly. It lasted for a moment but Albus was already at glee as he stood up lifting her in his arms.

"Merlin!! She said yes!!!" He shouted while twirling her around, the couple both laughing in harmony.

She was a Malfoy and he was a Potter.

She was a Gryffindor and He was a Slytherin.

And...it was not Strange after all.