chapter three

"Just ignore the stares Albus" Nova mumbled to him, as she continued to write her essay for class

"But it's getting annoying" He whispered back making her chuckle.

"What did you expect? Not only are we both famous because of our parents, but we are also known as the Strange ones of our family" Nova then looked up and raised her hand in a mocking gesture," A Malfoy in Gryffindor and a Potter in Slytherin? For Shame!!"

Albus found himself chuckling at her actions," You really don't care about what they say?"

"Why should I?" Nova tilted her head

He shrugged his shoulders as he looked around discreetly," I mean-I rather have strangers over enemies"

Nova snickered reaching over the table patting his hand relaxed on the table," Albus, all the matters, in the end, is the people who really matter, and not just random strangers. Maybe I'm not the only one who needs to be taught something" She said cheekily

"So, what? You teach me to speak up for myself?" He joked and she smirked at him in amusement

"Why not? Would you rather be at the end of the stick being used? Or would you rather have some defensive mechanism to let people know you're not a push-over?"

"I'm not a push-over" Albus stated to her in offence.

"Really?" She challenged and he nodded," Okay, whatever you say"

"Glad we come to an agreement," He said sarcastically as they both went back to doing their assignments.

Though Nova had other plans, after an hour later, she decided to confirm her theory," Hey Albus, can you help me with my Potion's essay? I'm just lacking a couple hundred more of words"

"Yeah sure" He reached over to grab her parchment paper but she pulled it away.

"See-a total push-over!" She exclaimed in victory

"Wh-" He looked at her completely taken back

"Tell me if I'm wrong Albus Potter because someone who wasn't a push-over would have said no"

He looked at her and lowered his hands and scowled," You are a menace Nova Malfoy"

She then winked at him," With Love, my dear little Potter friend"

"I don't see the benefits of being mean to people will do for me" He questioned her as they both walked side by side, leaving the library.

"It's not about being mean, it's about making sure you are letting people know that you're not someone to be used as I explained earlier" Nova looked at him for a moment and turned her head back forward

"So, you're teaching me to be mean and I'm teaching you to be nice," Albus said slowly," Pretty odd if I have to say so myself"

She shrugged her shoulders," Not really, I think it only makes sense-I think what you are meant to say is a Malfoy and Potter working together"

"That hasn't reached my mind for a moment, Nova, besides no one bothers Scorp and I" He stopped walking making her halt as well," I know earlier, I was wary about the stares we were both receiving, but us being a Potter and Malfoy, or Slytherin and Gryffindor shouldn't be their business"

Nova turned back looking at him," People tend to make others business their own. Scorp and I learned that the hard way"

"They shouldn't say those things"

She forced a smile on her face," It just happens-you know some things are beyond our control"

"You don't need to wear that smile in front of me Nova" Albus walked closer to her running a hand on her cheeks," It's okay to be sad and hurt"

"I hate showing people I'm weak" Nova mumbled softly

"Then just show me, you know I won't judge" He stated making her look at him for a moment.

"I dare say Potter, but are you flirting with me?" She teased making him pull his hand away and cough to cover up his embarrassment

"Way to ruin the moment, Malfoy"

She laughed turning back forward, but just like how Albus' face is bright red, her own was the exact same.