chapter seven

When Scorpius arrived at the Potter's, the last, he expected, was to approach Rose—who he still had a crazy crush on

When Scorpius arrived at the Potter's, the last, he expected, was to approach Rose—who he still had a crazy crush on. However, the importance was his sister and not his own feelings. He hated not knowing what to do for Nova when he was supposed to be the one to know her the most in the world.

But after the distance, he was starting to now believe that he didn't know her as much as he thought he did.

And it scared it him, she was his other half and they been through a lot together. So, it was only natural that Scorpius was also affected because while they did have the ability to sense each other, they also shared emotions in a minuscule explanation of possibility.

"Hey, Hugo, do you know where Rose is?" Scorpius asked quietly while the male was playing wizard's chess with Harry.

"She should be outside with Roxanne" Hugo mumbled while concentrating on his game—wanting to keep his unbeatable record, wanting to surpass his father's score.

Responding with a quiet thank you, the Malfoy went straight for his destination. When the red-head came into view, Scorpius spent a moment of calming his nerves and try his best to ignore his rattled state.

When he approached the females, Scorpius ended up finding a way to embarrass himself by nearly tripping on a tree root. Roxanne had laughed but Rose being just like her mother had asked him if he was okay—to even checking for wounds. Which had caused the male's face to turn bright red—again allowing Roxanne to tease him about.

A few moments of the elder female's laughter and Rose's doting did Scorpius finally have the chance to speak," Hey—um I have a really important question to ask"

"oooooh, do you now?" Roxanne wiggled her eyebrows making the Malfoy's nerves build up.

Rose sighed and gave a stern glare to her cousin," Rox, enough" She scolded the older female and turned to Scorpius with a sympathetic smile," Sorry, what was it you wanted to ask?"

The male looked down and let out an exasperated sigh," I...It's Nova"

"Nova?" Rose perked up as long with Roxanne who no longer found the situation as something to fool around about "Did something happen to her?"

"She's fine... or well she says she is, but I can tell something is bothering her. I was hoping she talked to you about anything troubling her" Scorpius explained his current dilemma, that had him desperate.

"I'm so sorry" Rose apologized as she shook her head," Nova didn't tell me anything, in fact, she's avoided me for a few days before the break. I heard some rumours, but I didn't believe them, because I wanted to ask her myself...and the timing was just unfortunate because classes had already stopped"

Scorpius frowned at getting nothing, "What about in the dorms?"

"Nova only came to the dorms late at night, and every time I tried to talk to her, she'd tell me she was too tired. So of course, I didn't push her and respected her words but then I decided to ask her in the train, though, when I did—she asked me to leave her alone"

"What...was the rumours?" He asked carefully making both of the females share a look.

"We don't know the full story, but it...has something to do with Al," Roxanne being the braver of the pair decided to reveal what almost everyone knew—but no one, had the courage to ask Albus if it was true. Most of them not believing it and some of them not sure how to approach the situation.