chapter eleven

Aviana loved seeing a change in people, but peculiarly enough, she didn't like to change herself

Aviana loved seeing a change in people, but peculiarly enough, she didn't like to change herself. It was an odd predicament for someone that enjoyed seeing people spread their wings to be afraid of it.

Though, maybe it's because Aviana never focused on herself solely. For her, it was always others first, just like how her parents. The family of three had found caring for others over themselves have always been the way to go.

It was because of that—that Aviana was seeking advice from her own Head of House. She was confused about her emotions that started to form from the one and only Edward Lupin. The tight feeling of her chest and the rush that she got from just being around him. All of it muddled her emotions to something she's never felt before.

"So, tell me, Professor...what exactly does these feelings mean?" Aviana questioned

Professor Slughorn blinked multiple times as he kept his eyes locked on the back of her head. He was not sure if she was serious or not, but without seeing her expression he was left to having no choice but to answer her.

Though he considered that he was probably nowhere near any experience of the topic itself. For a moment he deeply considered sending her to another Professor who he deemed fit for the topic. However, he knew how it would only make Aviana even more confused.

So, with intensely weighing out the odds, he just went with his gut and said what all he could think of.

"It would seem you have romantic feelings for him" He stated straightly as he sat straight in his chair. He almost choked through the nerves of the trauma deep within. Sure, Aviana was not asking him information that could venture into what had been for Tom, but no matter what the situation was the wound would forever remain there for him.

"You think so?" Aviana turned quickly to the older man with wide eyes, however, Professor Slughorn was confused at the almost visible spark in her eyes. It was almost as if someone told her something she was hoping for.

"I believe so..." was all he got to say since Aviana was already running out of his office.

While she exited the room, the Slytherin was already on a mission. One that may be most wouldn't do when figuring out they have feelings for someone. In fact, while Aviana was somewhat aware of what happens in relationships—she was unfortunately far from actually experiencing it.

Her search for the Hufflepuff was done quite easily, considering the only places he frequented were minimal to a couple. The only time it deemed a challenge to find the male was when he patrolled for his duties, but fortunately, that was not until later of the evening.

"Teddy!" Aviana voiced the moment the blue head of hair came into her sights.

Teddy peered up at Aviana, instantly recognizing the energetic voice. For a moment, he evaluated the possibility of preparing himself for whatever she had under her sleeve. After all, since becoming proper friends with her, he had come to never question whatever she had in her mind of hanging out.

Despite some of it being things he would turn to lecture about considering his position as Prefect, however the time spent with the brunette had him forget the role once in a while.

Though, he was in for a surprise when suddenly Aviana had done the last thing he ever expected.

All he could do when the words filled his ears was gape at her in complete shock.