chapter nine

As much as James tried to deny the fact that he was not falling for Elodie, it was hard for him to brush it to the side, when his jealousy of her just talking to other males were over the top

He had her for every class that his house and her own had together, and he had gotten intolerant with how her partners were always resulting in the males of her house. In fact, he noticed that Elodie barely hung out with females at all.

For Elodie, since growing up in a household with only males, she had not adapted to easily friending females. It was not that she hadn't tried—it was more, of her enjoying the company of males over females.

She couldn't stand the entirety of caring for looks, or acting formal—obviously, there are still girls that don't, but Elodie was not the most open-minded person and would deduct to just going with what she was used to.

"Okay—" Elodie plopped herself at the Gryffindor table next to Fred, who was sitting with family, minus James since he was currently serving detention at the moment. So, she took the opportunity to ask his family, her current issue," So, I know you all pretty much tell each other everything, but I seriously need an answer, what in Salazar's name is wrong with James?!"

"What isn't wrong with him?" Fred snorted as he ate

Dominique chuckled as she nodded," Fred is right—that is a question that even we tend to question most of the time, to be honest"

Elodie looked at Lily and Roxanne hoping they'd have an answer but they both just shrugged saying something around the same as the first two. She let out a groan of frustration as she leaned on her palm," Albus said the same thing" She grumbled

"If you want an actual answer, maybe you should ask Louis—" Dominique started but then quickly shook her head," On second thought—you'll just end up getting an entire novel worth of an answer that would just end up being the same as ours"

"You know, I would take offence in that Dom, but I can't be bothered" Louis turned from his house table," Seriously, do you know the definition of inside voice?"

His sister sent him a glare as she let out a hiss making him roll his eyes," Anyways, Elodie, to answer your question, I think it's best if you tell us why you're asking us that in the first place"

Elodie let out a sigh and nodded her head," He totally unnecessarily yelled at my potion's partner earlier today—which is why he's serving detention at the moment actually"

Fred suddenly slapped the table letting out a loud laugh scaring Elodie greatly, as he held his stomach making literally everyone around them all stop what they were doing to stare at him, however, he just continued not caring if he was attracting attention.

"Uh—" Roxanne raised her hands up," I am NOT related to him" She claimed

"Have you gone mad Fred?" Elodie hit his arm making him turn to her placing his hands on her shoulder," Oh, my precious Elodie, you are such a very sweet, innocen, , small child"

"Excuse me?" She looked at him offended

The rest of the family all got what he meant making them all share looks as they all had their, 'Ohh' voiced out only making Elodie scrunch her nose, still completely confused.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?!" She raised her voice looking at each of them in discomfort.

"Oh, Elodie" Fred shook his head patting her head," I hate to say this, but you, my friend, need to figure that out on your own"