chapter six

The timing of the fight between the pair—hardly had the time to go around, since everyone was way too busy with packing and preparing for the upcoming Christmas holiday

During the train ride, Scorpius didn't think too much of it when his sister wasn't in the compartment with him, Albus and Naya—having assume she was with Rose in another one.

Though in truth she was in a compartment alone.

Albus, on the other hand, had been the same towards what he felt, he didn't feel guilty or bad for what he had said and done to Nova. Though, he was having a hard time constantly looking around for her.

Nova on her part, took his words loud and clear making sure not to cross paths with the Potter. It was easy, considering they didn't have classes with each other, and the obvious part of them being in completely different houses.

When returning home, it was only then that Scorpius noticed something was wrong, and while he did try to approach his sister; she just simply told him it was nothing. It worried him, but he respected his sister's personal space and didn't bother to ask anything more.

When it came to Christmas, the first without their mother—their aunt Daphne had decided to come over along with their grandmother Narcissa—both attempting at trying to make the holiday as joyful as they could. Though it was not the same, it did help from turning out as a holiday spent without tears.

The second half of the holidays, Scorpius and Nova both had been invited to the Potter-Weasley homes, though only one of them had decided to go.

"Last chance—" Scorpius leaned on his sister's door frame with his arms crossed.

"My answer is still the same, Scorp" Nova who was reading a book said without looking up. She really did want to go and speak with Rose but she considered it to be a horrible idea. Mainly because of the long talk she wanted to have was about her cousin.

She then tried to think of other people, but she realized that all of her friends—were all related to Albus in a way, and the last she needed was to ever cause problems or possible arguments among the family.

Then it was Scorpius, as much as she wanted to talk to her brother or even cry on his shoulder—she couldn't do that to him, not when it was about his best mate.

Nova had no one at school to talk to that she trusted enough, and while he did have her father, her aunt or even grandmother, the pride within her as a Malfoy knew better to make it a big deal.

What Nova needed—was her mother.

Her mother was the only person that would have been able to do everything, let her complain, let her brag, let her vent and lastly, let her cry without worry.

One day, Nova Malfoy was going to break—and she had no idea how to handle it.

While she watched her brother walk out and close her door; Nova lowered her book to her nightstand. Still facing the direction, she reached into the dresser and pulled out the photo of her mother.

"Mom, I need you" Nova's voice barely a whisper but still not a single tear dropped.