chapter eight

His second encounter with Aviana was not as eventful and informative as he expected it to me

His second encounter with Aviana was not as eventful and informative as he expected it to me. In fact, he didn't even get the chance to ask her what she meant with her question.

The Slytherin had yet again stolen his breath from getting any info and he was yet again—regrettably playing a baseless game of tag with her.

Though—he couldn't help but feel a peculiar squeeze in the pit of his stomach. It was disconcerting, but also thought-provoking. A clash of two emotions that Teddy was sure should never be felt at the same time, but again he was left flabbergasted.

The Hufflepuff had dreaded the idea of having to wait—who knows how long? —for Aviana to approach him again. He had already given up on the idea of finding answers.

He was, however, not expecting to be approached by her the very next day.

He was caught off guard since he was one of the earliest to his house table in the Great Hall. He was still not fully awakened and eating his meal groggily. He was sure at one point he ate something inedible with how much he was fighting the tiredness in his eyes.

In the moment of nearly losing his will to stay awake, he felt a sudden warmth. He snapped opened his eyes seeing his hand in the grasp of another. Teddy gaped as he watched Aviana, who guided said hand that was holding a fork that had food, to her mouth.

All the fatigue had been gone from his system as his face burned at the scene before him. He was not sure exactly how to word the situation considering how unashamed Aviana was. The moment she released his hands—she nonchalantly leaning on one of her palms smiling.

"Morning' Edward," She said insolently

Teddy had coughed to clear his throat trying to calm his racing heart. His eyes had avoided her gaze as he tried to settle the growing confusion. The thing was, that he never could understand what exactly Aviana does to him.

He hasn't spoken to her properly, or better yet—He's never had one conversation with her once. In fact, his two encounters, both left him with no words exchanged after only stating formalities. Though, despite the lack of interaction, the Slytherin has stirred a whirlwind of emotions within him.

Once he was done questioning himself in his head, he finally gained the courage to look at her. However, Aviana being—well her usual dynamic self, gained the upper hand and had already stood up, but instead of leaving she leaned on the table leaning her face towards his.

"So, let's start our day, shall we?"

Teddy blinked at her question and furrowed his brows," Pardon?"

"And he does speak" Aviana joked lightly as she chuckled," You want answers, don't you?"

He didn't need to answer her question since she Aviana was already walking away from the table. Teddy didn't think twice when he followed after her feeling a growth of relief and satisfaction.

All he could think about was finally settling whatever game Aviana was making him play.