chapter three

When Aviana had expressed her concern to her Head of House-she did not expect the older plumb man to laugh

When Aviana had expressed her concern to her Head of House-she did not expect the older plumb man to laugh. She was not insulted at the least, but she was left confused. She had tried to replay the words she had said and nothing about it seemed to make her stifle a laugh at all.

In fact, Aviana was sure that the Professor must have had an accident during one of his teachings in Potions that caused the elder man to react that way.

Her confusion didn't go by him and Slughorn knew. So, he retracted his emotions to a halt and lowered his head," I apologize, my dear"

"It's okay, Professor, but can I ask what exactly I said that was funny?" Aviana asked slowly as she folded her arms

"It's just, out of all things you have come for advice-I have never expected the day you'd bring up concerns about someone you find interest in"

Aviana immediately felt her face burn and she swore that if someone had touched her face-their hands would burn.

Her mind fell into the events that had occurred over the past months and she couldn't deny for a second that somewhere along the days with Edward Lupin, that she'd recognized the strange tightness that her chest had kept feeling.

Now the issue was-where was she going to go from there. She was completely and utterly stuck at a dead end.

She sat on the couch in defeat and closed her eyes. The days with the shy Hufflepuff had started to reiterated within her mind.

She could still recall the very first day when the Blue-haired male stumbled into her unchanging and daily routine. Just like any day she spent on her free time, on doing what she did best-which was what others saw as nothing but mischief.

However, that is what people who didn't understand believed. It was what people had just assumed.

Though Aviana made no effort to correct them because for her-and the people involved-only knew the truth. It was their own gateway from the stress and weight on their shoulders for all of the expectations they had for them after Hogwarts.

It was their own freedom that was only temporary and it was fine with them that people didn't see it through their own eyes.

"Aviana Moon, Fifth Year, Slytherin" Teddy called through his uneven breaths. The female turned to face the Hufflepuff and cocked an eyebrow at the formality in his voice. Her elbows perched on the open window that was just between and took a moment to study the male.

"Edward Lupin, Fifth Year, Hufflepuff Prefect" She mocked in the same tone making the male frown," I knew you'd approach me eventually" Aviana smirked slyly as she leaned on her palm and her other hand reached over poking his forehead," Tag, you are it"

When those words left her lips, she chuckled and quickly ran off, however, before she completely left, she peered over her shoulder and cupped her mouth with her hand to augment the volume of her voice," Let's see if you can catch me"

Teddy gaped as he leaned over the window and before he could ask what she meant-she was already gone from the hallway and all that left him was to think

'What in Merlin's name, did he just get himself into?'