chapter ten

Returning back to Hogwarts, Nova had continued to avoid interaction with everyone that was interlaced in relation with Albus in any way

While doing so, it caused a lot of distress on her friendship with Rose; to eventually them not looking each other's way in the dorms.

It was her actions, that had caused people to not ask questions and she exceedingly valued it. It was hard for her, being on her own, but eventually—Nova was able to make friends, that in no way were connected to the Weasley's and Potters.

Nova's third year had been the rise and fall of almost everything in her life.

The Summer of the year had been the passing of her mother, one that the twins to this day, blame themselves for. If they had not been born, their mother would have never weakened so quickly.

Though, they also knew her fate was inevitable because of the blood curse. The one that could still affect Nova once she reaches her twenties.

Next, was that she lost most of her friends, and the furthermost of it all, as if she ever saw herself ever being put back in the place she once had.

So, while she spent the remainder of her third year with a new group of friends, did then Nova finally make her decision.

Her first approach was to do the one thing, that she should have done from the moment it started.

"Hey, is it all right if we talk for a moment?"

The male she had approached turned with a smile hearing the voice fills his ears, Tobias Nott had never expected the day that the girl he fancied for a long time to ever acknowledge him.

"Hello, my Starlight, of course, you can," Nova gave him a genuine smile instead of the usual fake one she had. While she did think the male was actually someone she would have considered, but her heart, in question, just didn't long for him.

She sat next to the male and before she could even say a word, Tobias bumped his shoulder on her own gently," I know what you want to tell me and I'm okay with it"

Nova turned to him and gave him a tight smile," I'm so sorry, Tobias, I just really don't think—

"Say no more, my dear" He cut her off and held her hand for a moment before giving it a gentle pat," Maybe in another life?"

Nova nodded her head as she felt his hand release her own," I think, maybe If I didn't go through all of what I did, then I might have been confident enough to return your feelings"

The male shook his head and let out a small laugh," No—Don't say that my dear, the things you've gone through, should never be considered a way of decision. In truth, your heart yearns for someone who sees's a part of you that I could never have. No matter the tragedy or change, in this life you only had thought of one person through it all"

"The thing is until I grow properly, I will understand what I have done wrong" Nova confessed as she leaned forward placing her face in her hands," I need to be on my own, to grow"

"What do you mean?" Tobias looked at her confused, worried in her terms of being on her own.

She peered at him and gave him a half-smile," It might sound like running away, but I see it as me being able to not feel like my life revolves around pretending to be someone I'm not"

Tobias pursed his lips and tilted his head, "Care to elaborate what that means?"

Nova sat up straight and let a breath escape her lips," I'm going to transfer to Beauxbatons next year"