chapter four

James was at the designated spot that Elodie had told him to go and when he arrived, he saw she was nowhere in sight

James was at the designated spot that Elodie had told him to go and when he arrived, he saw she was nowhere in sight. He looked around staying in spot pursing his lips thinking that he probably got stood up or something.

"You know" Elodie spoke up appearing behind James making him jump, she laughed seeing him almost fall from being startled," Oh that is Bloody hilarious!"

He turned to her quickly with his face burning obviously a bright shade of red," M-Merlin where did you come from?"

"I was here the entire time actually, just wanted to see what you would do thinking I didn't show" Elodie smirked folding her arms," I am so not apologizing for nearly scaring the life out of you, by the way, that was bloody amazing"

"Why exactly did you ask me out on a date? I know you don't fancy me in the slightest" James frowned at her.

"No, it's true, I don't fancy you, Salazar forbid if I did," Elodie said without hesitation

"Then why did you—"

"Because I want to see what is so amiable about you that half of the school's population find you so fascinating. I evidently don't see it, so I decided to see for myself. Honestly, I was sure you weren't going to show up, being all anti-Slytherin dating"

"I am not anti-Slytherin" James argued and Elodie waved her hand," It's fine James, honestly no matter how many years pass, there will always be a set concept of Lion and Snakes not getting along"

"But I mean what I say, I really have nothing against your house"

She chuckled patting his chest," James, I really don't care, I mean if I was being honest, I fear Hufflepuffs"

James let out a snort at her words," What?"

"Badgers are horrifying when you make them angry! You cannot say I'm wrong" Elodie said defensively as she hugged herself shivering," I never experienced it, but I have seen a livid Hufflepuff, and it was truly terrifying, and I'll have you know, Badger's eat snakes geographically"

James laughed holding his stomach making Elodie roll her eyes not even knowing why she told him that, but she just brushed it off going back to the situation," Anyways, I hope you are prepared for what I have set today Potter because I am going to show you what a fun date is"

"What makes you think my plans are not fun?" He confronted

"Going to Madam Puddifoot's is not even the slightest fun, I mean seriously how can you bring girls there, it's absolutely revoltingly pink in there!"

James shrugged his shoulder," They never complain when I bring them there"

"And that explains enough to say you are not even the least experienced with females. Let me tell you one thing, just because they don't say anything, doesn't mean they just like it, James. Have you ever asked them what they wanted?"

James looked at her visibly not being able to answer her question, because it was true. He never asked them what they wanted, and just led everything.