chapter eight

The issue in hand now, for Scorpius was how in Merlin's name was he going to approach his best mate

The issue in hand now, for Scorpius was how in Merlin's name was he going to approach his best mate. Was he supposed to be angry? Was he supposed to take a side?

He had no idea what to do—he didn't know the full story and while he could easily ask Albus the truth, he was stuck with the current unsureness of whether he should even get involved.

He had to admit that he had no idea of what the relationship was between his sister and best mate. He got glimpses of seeing them with each other, but he never thought too deeply about it. Part of him felt betrayed but the other part of him hurt.

He didn't understand it—and just like Nova, the only person that probably had the answer...was no longer here.

Draco was a good father, but horrible at advice—and the twins usually only went to him for academic advice, but their mother was the one who had the answers for emotional distress. Sure, their father had some intake on the matter of problems they faced, but the twins had felt a wall they couldn't cross with him.

He was, after all, the strict parent—and they understood the reason since he was raised most of his life, in an environment that moulded him. They didn't need their father to change on their pace, they knew he needed to do it on his own.

Scorpius had chosen not to approach Albus and spent the remainder of his holiday's as he would have before knowing. He didn't want to cause a fight and he knew it was smarter to not get involved with the small amount of information he even knew.

So, after spending time with the Potter-Weasley Clan—when Scorpius arrived home, he wanted to spend the remainder of his days with his sister, even if she refused to. He wanted her to know, that he was there and wanted her to talk to him—but he didn't give himself much hope knowing how persevering his sister was.

The first place he found himself upon returning home was throwing himself on his sister's bed making her nearly fall off," What in Merlin's name!?"

"So, why don't you and I spend the day together?" Scorpius brought one of her pillows to his chest," It's been a while"

Pushing her hair out of her face and adjusting herself back on the bed," What's the occasion?"

Her brother rolled his eyes and grabbed onto her wrist not saying anything as he dragged her out of her bedroom. One, that his father had said she hardly left since he left to spend his week at the Potter's.

"Scorp—I don't..."

"Oh, just come off it, and let me spend time with my sister" Scorpius kept his persistence but also added the usual puppy eyes he often gave her, the one that Nova gave in too easily. It was habitually a thing he used to his benefit, but also made sure not to use it wrongly.

Nova looked away in a pout as she mumbled in defeat, "I want to try and eating at one of those Muggle restaurants" Scorpius grinned easily accepting it wanting to do anything for his sister. If just being by her side and not talking about what happened could help, he'd do what he can.

Because he knew that his sister—he knew, that one day the strong façade she wears, will fall and he wanted to be there when it did.