chapter fourteen

James knew that if it was anyone, he would have gotten angry, but Elodie was a special case

James knew that if it was anyone, he would have gotten angry, but Elodie was a special case. One mainly, because he had known her from the beginning.

She was probably the only female he had actually had become friends with, without the intent of expecting there to be benefits in the romance section, or so what he called the physical desires.

He may have had experience in the whole idea of it, but the truth was that he only knew it physically. He did not understand the special sentiments of relationships in the slightest.

Elodie, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. She knew love—because she had felt it, and experienced it firsthand.

"I don't know how to love someone" was all James had to say, each word slowly being heard through Elodie's ears, and he had become expectant to someone finding humour in it, but obviously she was not just anyone.

"Romantically?" She questioned curiously and all he did was nod, "Why do you think that James?"

He looked her over at her question," Why I think I don't know how to love someone?" He repeated and just like he had done, she nodded.

"Because how can I love someone when I can't even love myself?" James confessed," My whole life, I been told how to act, how to be proper—how to be the person everyone wanted the son and nephew of the two saviours of the wizarding world wanted him to be. Then it comes to my siblings, Albus is just like my father, despite being a Slytherin, and Lily is just like my mum, and where does that leave me? Who am I supposed to be?" He unknowingly started to rant.

"Yourself, James" Elodie expressed calmly

"You wouldn't understand how—"

"Then make me understand James"

"It's not easy just for me to say it Elodie," He told her straining his voice

"Then show it" Elodie raised her hands gesturing it," I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying that who cares if you're not like your Mum or Dad—you dislike the idea of the given fame, so act towards it and try living beyond it"

James ran a hand through his unruly hair letting out a sigh," Saying it is a lot easier than doing it"

Elodie shrugged her shoulder," Old habits are hard to just throw away, but James, did I say you need to act as soon as possible?" He stared at her as she kept her eyes on him as he shook his head," I guess you never did"

"You know, I wasn't there for the whole Louis thing, but I think it's fair to say that he did have a good point, but I also think that it was somewhat unfair. No offence but no one can learn from their mistakes that went on for years"

He let out a small laugh "Are you trying to cheer me up?"

"I guess so? Honestly, I'm not really the type to do this, so you should feel special Potter because I don't get all—advice-y?"

"I suppose you did a fairly good job"

"Please do not boost my ego, it's not a pretty trait"

"I enjoy it" He winked making her grab his broom and whack him with it playfully," No Fido, heel!"

"Oh, you asked for it, Goldstein!" She let out a squeal running with his broom, making him chase her both drowned in their laugher.