Love is Love- Red x Male! Reader

Type: Fluff and angst

Requested by: Kemah225

Warning: The following oneshot contains mentions of homophobia. If you are sensitive to this kind of topic, feel free to skip this chapter. If not, then proceed with caution.

And now onto the oneshot chapter.

(Y/N)= Your name

(E/C)= Eye color

(Y/N) was excited to see Red on e he got to the Markihub tonight in the Dream World, since it had been a rough day for him in the Waking World. (Y/N)'s family had found that (Y/N) was gay, and also being a religious family, they didn't accept (Y/N) because of his sexuality. (Y/N) felt as if he had been betrayed, since his family had always supported him no matter what, up until they found out about his sexuality. Plus (Y/N) had also been planning to come out to his family when he was ready but now that was thrown out the window.

The only people that knew (Y/N) was gay was his closest friends, aka the Rainbow Cast since they had rescued him from his nightmare a while back. (Y/N) was especially close with Red, and had developed a crush on him as they fought together against the terrorlings. But (Y/N) was scared that Red would reject him once he got his feelings out, so he kept quiet up until tonight in particular after what happened with his family. "It's now or never (Y/N)," He thought to himself as he waited for Red to show up since the other members of the Rainbow Cast were already here at the Markihub, "Just tell him how you feel, and it'll be off your chest once you let him know." Tonight would be the night (Y/N) confessed to Red, and fate would decide on how Red would react to (Y/N)'s feelings for him.

Soon a flash of light occured and Red was now at the Markihub, causing (Y/N) to smile happily as he saw him. Red saw (Y/N) and smiled while he went over to him, causing (Y/N)'s heart to beat rapidly as his crush got closer to him. "Hey (Y/N)." Red said with a smile as (Y/N) screamed internally, but maintained himself as he spoke, "Hey Ted, we have some time before we have to go on our mission tonight." Red nodded as he understood, "Might as well be ready until then, but before I do that-" (Y/N) noticed that Red had suddenly glanced at the floor, as his face was now a pink color with blush. "Red? Are you ok?" (Y/N) asked as he got a bit worried, thinking Red might be sick, but Red's blush quickly went away.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Red replied as he cleared his throat and looked at (Y/N), "There's something I need to tell you." (Y/N) looked at Red in curiosity as he thought to himself, "Is this what I think it is?" "I have something to tell you too-" (Y/N) spoke as Red blinked in surprise. "Well- I guess we should go somewhere private so we can talk." Red said before (Y/N) nodded in agreement, as the two went to an empty corner of the Markihub so they could talk. (Y/N) was quite nervous since it was leading up to the point where he would confess  to Red, excited and scared for Red's reaction. He just hoped that Red wouldn't reject him just like how he was rejected by his family.

As the two got the corner, they started to talk. "So what did you want to tell me Red?" (Y/N) asked as he gazed at Red with his (E/C) eyes. "Well I figured you wanted to go first unless you don't want to-" Red replied before (Y/N) spoke, "It's ok, I'll just go ahead and tell you since I've been wanting to tell you for so long now." Red nodded in understanding as (Y/N) took a breath, before he made his confession of how he felt towards Red.

"I really like you a lot Red, more than just a friend actually- I'm in love with you. I know this is sudden for me to be saying this out of the blue, but I wanted to tell you how I feel. I understand if you don't feel the same way..."

"(Y/N) I like you too."

"I- wait what-?"

"I like you too (Y/N), a whole lot." Red said as he gazed into (Y/N)'s eyes, causing the Male to blush a light pink. "Really?" (Y/N) asked as he wanted to make sure that Red was serious, before he nodded in reply. (Y/N) could feel his and Red's faces get closer, before their lips softly met and they closed their eyes. The two males enjoyed this never ending moment, and wished it could last forever until the chime of the bell was heard, causing them to pull away. "Looks like it's time to go on our mission tonight." (Y/N) said as he noticed the portal opening up. "Shall we go then?" Red asked as he held out his hand for (Y/N) to take, causing him to blush before he smiled and took his hand, "Of course."

The two lovers held hands as they went to catch up with their friends by the portal. (Y/N) was happy that he found love from someone who loved him back, and knew that there would always be people to accept him for who he was like his lover and friends.

Hello everyone! Sorry this chapter took so long to get out, but I still hope you enjoyed it nonetheless :)

I've been busy with my second semester of Junior year of high school, along with managing my new No Straight Roads oneshot book, my social media accounts, and doing art :)

Also this book is #1 in heartsandheroes and it also has over 5k reads! I'm really happy to see how far this book has come :D

Be sure to also check out my other stories! I really love to write them :3

Anyway, that's all I have to say, happy reading my children, and I'll see you in the next oneshot chapter!

Doveria the Goddess,
Over and out!