youjealous?

*Uhhh, spicy chilli, viewer discretion advised*

Devon Du Pont.

"Dev?" Nico said as if he was wondering something curiously. We were sat on his bed, opposite sides, reading books in peaceful, comfortable silence. I was reading a book my dad gave me for Christmas.

"Yeah?" I respond without looking up.

He puts his book down and crosses his legs, scooting closer to me. I peak over my book and saw him staring at my ring with a green heart-shaped crystal in it.

"Where'd you get the ring? It's really pretty," I look at my upright Claddagh ring on my right hand and place the book down to sit crossed leg opposite him.

I smile at his interest and admire the ring, "It's a traditional Irish ring, my father got it for me, it symbolises friendship, love and loyalty," He lefts my right hand up and takes the ring off to look at it, "Oi!" I giggle.

"You had it upside down when I first noticed it, thought you wore it the wrong way," He chuckled and looked up at me.

"Well, there are specific ways to wear it. If it's on your right hand and upside down, it means you're single. If it's on your right hand and upright, it means you're in a relationship," I blush up at him and he suppressed a big smile, "If it's on your left hand and upside down, means you're engaged. And if upright on left hand...Means you're married,"

He hums in interest and grabs my left hand, "Just wanna see how it looks," He places the ring on my ring-finger and lifts my hand up to his mouth to kiss it.

I felt my lips part slightly in shock, what did he mean he wants to see how he looks? My cheeks became very warm and I just look into his eyes and memorise his beautiful face. Fuck, definitely falling hard for him.

"I think it looks good, don't you?" He looks up at me but I was already staring at him. He smiles and grabs my other hand, now hand in hand he rubs his thumbs across my palms.

My breath shuttered and I snap out of it quickly, "Yeah, yeah I guess it does," Realising I hadn't even looked away from him.

He hides his smile again making his lip twitch in amusement, "I adore you, Devon Du Pont," raise my eyebrows subtly as a felt him holding the ring on my fingers, "You know that right?"

I nod, still speechless, not knowing what to say. Is he going to fucking propose? At least he can use his own ring.

"Dev, I- um. I want you to know that I would do anything for you, seriously, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me," My mind was racing and I could feel my heartbeat increase. He searches my eyes waiting for me to react, but I was frozen, I couldn't think straight, "And I- I need to say that I lo-

I slap my hand over his mouth and my face widens, Oh my fuck, GET YOUR HAND OFF HIS MOUTH DEVON SHIT. Okay, relax he isn't freaked out yet, wait no, he is now.

He furrows his eyebrows and looks at my hand and back to me. oh fuck.

"Nico I know, I know you do. You don't need to say it," I say calmly in a reassuring voice. I remove my hand and he looked speechless too until he intertwined our hands and bit back a laugh, "Why you laughing?"

"Wondering about the future, our future. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Devon," He looks down at our hands and brings my left hand up again to kiss over the ring on my finger, "Would you want to spend the rest of your life with me?"

My eyes start to water as I let go of his other hand and bring it up to his jaw, I saw in shock and I felt warm. Wholesome even, my stomach felt like a hole and sense of nervousness waved over me, "I- I've never met anyone like you, Nicodemus Adler, no one as caring, generous, respectful. If I spent the rest of my life with you, god, I would have lived the best life I ever could. Having you just now is amazing, you listen to me, hear me out and we open up. We can sit in beautiful silence reading books and admiring each other. So you ask if I want to spend the rest of my life with you? I couldn't think of anything better," A single tear fell down my cheek and his eyes started to water. I Pulled him and gave him a gentle caring kiss.